Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: depth of carve reigion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default depth of carve reigion

I'm trying to make a shelf with two carve regions in the same area one I want to make a depth of .2 on the main part the other region at .375 on the circles how do I get the region at .375
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I'm trying to make a shelf with two carve regions in the same area one I want to make a depth of .2 on the main part the other region at .375 on the circles how do I get the region at .375
    You need to "Merge Subtractive" and "Invert" the circle patterns
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shelf 5.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

thank you, I knew I needed the merge button but did'nt know to add or subtrack and did'nt even think of the invert button, i got it to raise but could'nt get it to go down deeper in the wood ...again thank you ...

It might be better to use the drill tool instead. Just a suggestion.
    Steve

I have one more question for this project and that is what bit to use on the larger carve region...

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I have one more question for this project and that is what bit to use on the larger carve region...
    A rastered Carve Region will always use the Carving Bit chosen for the project. Of course you already know the default carving bit is the 1/16" Tapered Ballnose (carving bit choices are called the "Pattern Bit" and are chosen via the project setup menu). If the only carving bit you own is the 1/16" Tapered Carving Bit, then that's the bit you will use. If you own the 1/8" BALLNOSE or the 3/16" BALLNOSE, you have the option to globally select either of those as your "Pattern Bit". You cannot mix-n-match different carving bits within the same project, at this time.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

will I be able to do the 1/16 carving bit, 1/8 cutting bit and 3/16 ballnose all in this one project or only use two bits..

Raster carves will have the same taper on the side walls as the carving bit. The advantage of using the drill tool inside the carve region is that it will give you straight side walls.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Raster carves will have the same taper on the side walls as the carving bit. The advantage of using the drill tool inside the carve region is that it will give you straight side walls.
    I made a couple tutorial videos on this subject. Here is the link to both videos:

http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...ks/pocketcuts/
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

You can use as many bits as you want in a project. You can only, however, choose one to be the pattern bit. All patterns will be carved with whatever bit you choose as the pattern bit in board settings (the default is 1/16 Ballnose). So that really means you can only have one carving bit per project. All the other bits would be vector bits for cutting, or drilling, or routing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast