First of all, if you are new here, welcome to our community! I call it that because this is much more than a simple forum. This is a place where people have developed a passion for a small CNC machine. We strive to push our machines (and each other) to new limits. You will find that people here WANT to help you fix your machine. Why? So you can teach us new things. Every new member here brings new ideas and fresh insight to our community. So by helping you learn how to repair and maintain your machine. It helps us learn to diagnose and repair our machines. Their are many, very talented and creative minds here.

In order for us to help you, though. We need you to help us. Posting good clear large pictures is a great way to start. You can do that by scrolling down and clicking on "Manage attachments". Also Upload the project (MPC) file you are having problems with. Remember!! If your project contains a pattern you "paid for" replace it with a free pattern before Uploading it!

Their is also a certain amount of information necessary for any diagnosis. Why? Because there is no decisive answer for any one problem. For example: "Lines in carving". The answer to this question could be as simple as the material you are using, to dust in the encoder. So providing us with as much information as possible will help speed up the diagnosis process, and help get you back to carving!

So I am proposing we compile a list of questions that be copied into each message, and then answered by the person posting. I'll post as many as I can think of!

1. Which model machine do you have? The choices are A, B, or C.
(you can find this by looking at the first letter in your serial number)

2. Which Chuck is your machine equipped with?

3. How long have you owned it?

4. How many hours are on the cut motor?
(You can find this out by pressing "0" on the keypad and following the prompts)

5. What was the last maintenance or repair performed, and how long ago?

6. Is your machine equipped with sandpaper or rubber drive belts?

7. What kind of dust collection are you using?