Thread: First pic post

Default First pic post

Here is a project I made from 9/16" cherry with an oak background and frame. Just started playing in designer one night and came up with this.Cherry carved very well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0511_199.jpg  
    If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use WD40...If it's not supposed to move and does, use duct tape.

Denny Powlison
    Adrian, Michigan

Great work!

Bob

Very beautiful!!!

Very nice!!!!!
    My mother-in-law would love something like that. I will have to remember it the next time I need to get a few points.

Don

Default Re: First pic post

Quote Originally Posted by dpowli
    Here is a project I made from 9/16" cherry with an oak background and frame. Just started playing in designer one night and came up with this.Cherry carved very well
    Awesome! Can I get a copy of this project?
    I'd like to try this as my first project!

Bill
    Bill (Number Eight)

www.onlyonecross.com

Let Your Life Speak

6. Default

Very nice!!!!!! Your first try and you seem to be a master!! I also have a mother in law that I could use points from time to time so I can buy my way out of driving to the airport at 5 in the morning. Any chance of getting the file? If not I understand. Keep on carving.
    Thanks
    Jimmygee
    Quick Carver

I will attemt to put this in the Pattern Sharing Depot for those who would likr to duplicate this. Carve time for this at "best" setting was 4 hrs and 10 minutes.
    Have Fun!
    If it's supposed to move and doesn't, use WD40...If it's not supposed to move and does, use duct tape.

Denny Powlison
    Adrian, Michigan

Question, I opened up the file you posted (thank you) and was wondering how you did the cut out in between everything. I clicked on different things but couldn't find anywhere you told it to cut through the board in between the patterns.

Aaron,
    If you view the Carve List, the second rectangle above the Cross is set as a region with a depth of 0.800. This removes the background. It could have been set to anything greater than the thickness of the board. I originally designed it with a board with 0.75 thickness. I changed to a thinner board and could/should set it to a depth of 0.600. Hope this helps explain it.

Denny Powlison
    Adrian, Michigan

Thanks, after you told me I went back into the design and saw the second rectangle and noticed the depth on it. I would change the depth as well to not try to go through so much of board that is not there.