Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dust Shoe Prototype I Project

1. Default

well in fact none of the two bottom mpc work for me I get a z-axis stall E06-0324 error. this occurs after the board has been turned over from doing the top carve which it does just fine and the bit find for the 1/8 cutting bit is done and then it asks for the 1/16 tapered bit and when you put it in ...it trys to do the bit find and fails when up on the bit plate with the error message mentioned above.

2. Default

well thanks anyway guess this project is not doable for me thanks for your very prompt responses and have a great evening and I do have a c model with the carve tight bit holder anyway sorry for wasting so much of your time

Are you telling me that the carving bit rams into the bit plate and stalls? If that is your problem it may be not the project, it may Designer 2.004.

Edit: do you have a shorter carving bit that you could try?
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-11-2014 at 07:39 PM.

4. Default

hi again well I did find a shorter 1/16 tapered bit that I bought from another source and it works!!! now tell me what has CW done that their bits dont work anymore and yes I am telling you that the carving bit supplied by CW rams into the bit plate and stalls

Well, the bit touching routine was changed to be more efficient in 2.004 by moving quickly until it expects the bit to touch the bit plate. If the bit is longer than expected, it rams into the plate and stalls. People with Rock chucks have complained bitterly about the software change because they get the stall when they use CW bits in their Rock chucks. Yours is the second I have heard of a CW bit in a CT chuck having the stall. (The problem will be fixed in 2.005.)

I am a beta tester and I would like to understand what happened to you. Did the long CW carving bit work fine by itself on projects which used just the carving bit yet stall when used on projects that used both the cutting bit and the carving bit?

6. Default

well I think that that is the case but let me do a couple of carves I seem to remember that the top carve is different from the bottom in just that way but let me check on it and get back to you on that

ok the error z axis stall only occurs when carving the dustshoe body bottom mpc. that uses both cutting and carving bits and the carving bit rams down on the bit plate which is causing the error message. Oddly enough though, the error message doesnt occur when carving the dustshoe body top mpc which also uses both cutting and carving bits and neither bit rams down on the bit plate. I have not experienced any z axis stall problems using the single carving bit to carve a project. What can I do to help solve the problem?

7. Default

see my edit of previous message

bergerud,
    Would you consider making one of these for me (give me price and I will pay up front). I am not at this level of carving as yet and am considering
    my options for dust collection.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dcj View Post
    bergerud,
    Would you consider making one of these for me (give me price and I will pay up front). I am not at this level of carving as yet and am considering

Dave
    Welcome to the forum dcj. The dust shoe was only a prototype. I posted the files in this thread in case others wanted to experiment with it. It has some problems. It requires switching the bit plate and now the newer software can break the acrylic bit plate. It does not work so well with the new deep carving. For me, it is in the dust. I am busy trying other things including a different idea for a DC system. Maybe someone else on the forum might want help you with some of the parts. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dcj View Post
    bergerud,

Dave
    Were are you from in the usa or canada I am in canada I make them for now
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast