Thread: Thinking of buying a Carvewright, Have one question

Question Thinking of buying a Carvewright, Have one question

Hello,
    I'm new here but have been lurking a few weeks.

I've been interested in a Carvewright for awhile but am starting to get serious.

So my question is, has anyone use their CW to make Arts & Crafts/Craftsman Style inlays? Either for the relief cut and/or the inlay pieces themselves? It seems like it is possible but haven't been able to find any mention of it.

Thanks!

DC,

There is a lot of information pertaining to using the CW for inlays, here are a few of the forum threads on the topic:

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ighlight=inlay

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?21926-Use-CW-for-inlays&highlight=inlay

are u wanting to do the inlays for the hope chest? I don't wanna sound dumb but is it for the difference in the color schem of the wood which I think is awesum. I done a carve for myself for a hope chest but I took the easy way ouy and put two 1 x 8 together and done my carve. it gave it a nice focal point. If u happen to figure it out Could u let me know.I know that would be the stuff !!

Liquid Guitars uses his to inlay mother of pearl on the instruments he makes. Welcome to the forum! Make sure you buy your CW here so you don't pay too much!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Thanks for the examples! I would eventually like to do some inlay similar to what is done with Stickley furniture. I know I will have a lot to learn but mainly was just curious.