Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CALL FOR SPEAKERS - Workshop Topic Requests

We will actually have an area that is perfect for software training, so bring your laptops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    We will actually have an area that is perfect for software training, so bring your laptops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A couple things to keep in mind if there is going to be an interactive real-time follow along course...

• attendees will need a mouse attached to their laptop (fingers on touch pads are not suitable for all software operations - been in classes where folks couldn't participate because they had no mouse)

• attendees are responsible for knowing how to operate their own computer - i.e., know basic terminology such as right...left...double-click, how to save a file and know where the heck you put it so you can find it later (!), know how to copy/paste, etc., etc.. Sounds silly to mention all that, but I have been in classes where one or two users haven't a clue on the basic stuff, and drags down the entire class session because we have to stop and teach "computer 101"

Realtime classes of this sort are probably the most challenging - they generally take longer due to waiting for everyone to "catch up" before moving to the next step (generally in a group setting, I learn and retain more by watching and listening to a skilled presenter, then reviewing their well-organized handout after the class - but maybe that's just me!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default

How about Video taping the seminars and selling them to people who might not be able to attend or anyonr that missed something can always go back and check the video, just a suggestion!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12