Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Running Trim

Default Running Trim

Would anyone by chance have a pattern that would be close to this shown in the picture. If I were to do this in designer using a cut path for the shape, and I know that I couldn't get the sharp corners in the bottoms because of the 1/8" tool dia., does the path have to be closed? Meaning the ending point and the starting point connect? I want to make a board at least30" long with this design. Can anyone help me out on this? thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trim.JPG  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

The path does not have to be closed for cut path but it does have to cut the board into two pieces. The path can start and end on edges of the board.

Well then do I need to have tabs on this to hold the pieces together so they don't get jammed up along the way?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Tabs and/or a sled.

I can't determine if this is supposed to be a moulding profile, or the shape of the end of the board.

It's moulding, going to make like a serving tray and that will be above the table part as a border. A friend of mine ask if I could do it but I really don't think I can, so any pointers would sure help. Would you use the grid to get everything the same all the way down the length of the board. It's only going to be 1/4" thick. I'm not sure what it would even be called besides running moulding.
    CarverJerry

Jerry what is the size of the inside circle?

Here is what I would use. I would use a sled with double sided tape to attach 1/4 to sled.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jerry here is a dxf of what you are looking for. I did not put the inner circle in it, since I did not know the size. This is in dxf so maybe some will convert it for you.
    Grid is .125"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trim.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

@ CncCarver.... the inside circle is about 3/4" dia. That looks just like what I had in mind. Now can you tell me how you came about getting this done? I'm learning this stuff but don't want to depend on others doing it for me. This should be something simple but I sometimes get confused reading other threads about like cut paths having to be closed and so forth.
    This would be a perfect example of having our designer program be able to do a simulated cut, I have 2 programs (Cut Viewer Mill and Cut Viewer Lathe) that I used when doing G&M code programing, it sure helps to verify things go like you need them to.
    Thanks CncCarver. And thanks Eddie but I don't have the dxf importer, at least not yet.
    CarverJerry

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast