Thread: Carvewright for sale - SOLD

Default Carvewright for sale - SOLD

Well, I am sorry to say I will be leaving the CW community shortly. I finally purchased a full sized CNC machine and it will show up in less than 2 months.
    In the spirit of giving back, I will post my machine here for a while before putting on EBay. I’m hoping that someone will be close enough to pick up in Richmond, VA. They will save shipping and I will provide training free with the sale.
    So- the last 5 CW’s sold on EBay have been well over $1000. Mine is priced at $850, with the sled, with the training, and no shipping if you pick up. When the call comes that the new CNC is ready, if it hasn’t sold, I will then list on EBay.
    I will answer PM’s but phone calls are preferred. (804) 330-0358 nights/ weekends till 8PM. (804) 230-1522 M-F 9 AM- 4PM EST. Thanks, John
    Below is the ad I have already created; it has info on the machine:

For Sale is an upgraded A Model CarveWright CNC. I am the original owner; machine was purchased in Nov. 2007. I sent the machine back to LHR (CarveWright) end of 2008 for upgrades. They changed the board sensor, replaced the Z axis pack, and did a few other small upgrades. When the machine was returned, I also installed the Rock Chuck. The Rock Chuck made a world of difference on the machine; it ran smoother and quieter plus you can now put in any bit you want to run. High quality carbide bits can be found from many companies on the web for very good prices.
    It has worked with no issues since the upgrades. The machine has low cut hours since I only use it for making prototypes (~25) for my company; we do not run production on the machine. I only run vector cut paths on the machine so the cutting time is less than 10 hours. I recently installed the High Volume Ringneck Blues Dust Collection and it works Great! See my You Tube video review (series of 5 videos) to see the DC and the machine for sale. Just search for the underlined title on You Tube.
    The machine is in very good shape. The flex shaft is lubed and does not get hot or even warm. I have the original box which is needed for shipping. I also have a sled which I will provide. It is used when running material that is less than 1/2“ thick. I will include any carving and cutting bits that I have for the previous quick change chuck. You can heat up the locktight and remove the bit from the collar and use in the Rock Chuck with appropriate sleeve. I have the ½” Rock Chuck with a ¼” reducer since that is my preferred bit for cutting.
    I am selling the machine since I have just ordered a full sized, welded steel frame CNC router and will do prototyping and production work on the new machine. It is time for someone else to enjoy this machine. The software is much more powerful and bug free than it was a few years ago. Upgrades for the Designer software are free for the owner.
    If you want to pick up in Richmond, VA, I will waive the shipping charges and provide you with 2 hours of instruction on how to use the software and run the machine. Once your payment is received, I will notify CarveWright to release the software license and the machine so you can register. Machine and Dust Collector will be shipped separately.
    Last edited by heftyh; 02-16-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Good luck with the new CNC machine! I miss my days as a machinist but not the continuous production environment.

That's going to be a hard grin to wipe off your face when that machine arrives.
    ~ Mark K

CW is sold. New owner is getting a great machine.
    I would like to express my gratitude to all of the people who helped me over the years. And I don't mean just the ones that answered my direct posts but all the people who provided valuable information that I poured through.
    If I could give one tip to newcomers, it is this: Clean your machine before it needs it. It doesn't make any difference if it is a CW or another brand. Clean & lubed shafts, gears, rails, belt drives, bearing tracks, flex shafts, etc. that run smooth and free will make your machine last a long time and give great performance.
    And yes Mark K., my heart is beating faster as the new machine is getting very near! No more than 2 weeks out now and I am really pumped.
    John