Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ER11 Adapter for the CT

I just received my spanner wench 5 mins ago sure been a long wait...Thank you chief for offering me a spanner wench If it didn't come..that's why I wanted to wait when we talked it was on its way !!!

I ordered 2 units 7 days ago today. They arrived yesterday. I ordered late my time so it basically took 5 days to get here. The order was complete with 2 chucks, 6 collets and 2 wrenches. I am happy with the service.

I realize that this is an older thread however I would like to revisit this to see if the people that purchased the "1/2 ER11 28L Straight collet chuck and 3pcs ER11 collet 1/4,3/16and1/8", are still happy with it and using it. Also if anyone has purchase the inexpensive collet sets from amazon to try, and how they worked. What I am wanting to do is drill 1/16 holes 3/4 deep.
    Thanks all
    Have a great day.
    Richard
    Be the change you want to see in the world!
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I really like the idea of having the ER11, but I seem to recall it was "involved" to make the necessary modifications. I will say it's been so long since I read about what was required, that I have forgotten all the details. I think they are buried at various locations in this thread but don't have time to go hunting at the moment. It would be cool to have a nice, neat set of illustrated instructions to go by which outlines the step-by-step procedure (a PDF perhaps?).
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I have 2 sets of the 1/8, 3/16 and 1/4 and I still use them, The only problem is finding a 1/16 ball nose tapered bit, I bought one through jeefoo and the point was smaller than the 1/32 bit that I bought from LHR and was only a 1/8 shank I don't know if I should use it... since it is smaller I wonder if it will give me better detail than on the tapered 1/32 bit, I know that the machine has its perimeters that is why I wonder If I should use it....I don't like using the mm measuring system It misses me up. My light isn't that bright ! ...LOL

At the beginning of this thread bergerud had arranged the start of this by having 10 put on ebay for sale. It know shows 100 sold, so some one is using them. The current link is http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1pcs-1-2...3D281140814484 it includes the er11, the three collets and two wrenches. So I think they may have worked out any bugs. Some of the collet sets have the collet I need but I wonder if it will be precise enough.

Thanks Again
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I pulled up another thread about the size of bit to use. I am going to order a few bits. bergerud would you tell me if ths is right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ballnose tappered bit.PNG  

Quote Originally Posted by WRW View Post
    At the beginning of this thread bergerud had arranged the start of this by having 10 put on ebay for sale. It know shows 100 sold, so some one is using them. The current link is http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1pcs-1-2...3D281140814484 it includes the er11, the three collets and two wrenches. So I think they may have worked out any bugs. Some of the collet sets have the collet I need but I wonder if it will be precise enough.

Thanks Again
    There are no bugs and no modifications are required. Once you use it, you will not know how you lived without it. It is quite precise. You can also buy other size collects for it if you want.

aokweld: that is a 6 mm shank.

thanks Dan for your reply I have a chart and I have problems on the dimensions or what the number stand for... 6mm = 15/64, thanks again I don't like buying something I'm not sure about. It's like throwing money away.
    Last edited by aokweld101; 12-02-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks bergerud for the answers to all my questions, I look forward to trying them. I appreciate you kicking this off back in Feb of 2013, as there are now 100 sold you have helped the maker and others, besides myself, in this forum.
    Ebay and amazon next.
    Have a great night.
    Richard
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast