Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urn for my son

Default Urn for my son

I havent been around much lately. on Decemeber 14th I lost my 27 year old son to a Heroin overdose. he had been fighting his addictions for a long time. I am aware of the control of these types of drugs as I have been a poiliceman for 22 years and just finsihed up 11 years working undercover narcotics. we had a good relationship and i feared that one day this might happen. we had talked about it before in an attempt to show him the finalitiy of an overdoes. he told me that if it happend that he wante to be cremated and for me to build his urn. we had a common bond when it came to woodworking which we tried to share as often as possible. Thanks to eddie for a great design that everyone loves. i need to do a final wet sanding to level off the lacquer but this gives you and idead of what it looks like. it has fishing on one side a deer head on the other. the back has a tree for his love of the outdoors and the front has his name. this was a very good healing process for me and am glad that we had a chance to share once last thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails urn.jpg   urn2.jpg  
    Joe

Very sorry to hear about your son.

The Urn looks very good.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

My true heart-felt feelings for your loss. A parent should never have to bury their children. That is an exceptional job! A beautiful place for him to finally be at peace.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Joe,

Will keep you and your family in our prayers. Can only imagine that kind of loss.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

5. Default

Joe, I am so sorry for the loss of your son, Joshua. The urn is beautiful. I know Joshua would like it.

Northwestern Ouisconsin on the south shore of Lake Superior

As a retired cop of 30 years, I appreciate your paticular situation. I hope that the faith of your choice brings you the peace you deserve. How appropriate to use woodworking as a carthartic process for you and your son....

pjs

So sorry for your loss, Joe. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It is certainly a special piece you have created and it came out very well.
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

I am truly sorry for your loss
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

I am sorry for your loss.Very nice carve .

Joe,

Very sorry for you loss. Glad to hear the two of you had and made the time with each other before his passing.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast