Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is AskBud?!

It is with a very heavy heart that I have to communicate the sad news of the passing of Neal "AskBud" Harbison, Jr. Bud had suffered a stroke near the end of 2012 and after battling health issues for several months, died April 5th, 2013.

For those of you newcomers, that might not know AskBud, he has been an integral part of the CarveWright community, since 2008. Many of us on here have considered him part of our family for years.

As a retired high school woodworking & computer teacher, Neal had the perfect background for the CarveWright and continued teaching many CW customers through the years. See his many lessons on both computers & the CW on his website: http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/ I'm not sure how long it will remain up.

There was no memorial service for Neal. His body was donated to the Wright State University School of Medicine.

A Senior Member of the forum, Bud was always available to lend a hand to help a fellow Carvoholic on the forum or in person. He was also very generous to others. He assisted several blind members with their design work and often called LHR to make anonymous purchases for others.

God bless you, Bud.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Oh no...

My condolances to his family and to his other friends here and elsewhere.

Thanks for letting us know Connie...

Lawrence

Very sad day for us carvewright forum members. Neal "AskBud" will be missed. He was a great teacher and great man. He helped many of us here and will help many more with the AVI leasons he has on his site. Rest in Peace Neal.

Good Man.. Great asset to this board. Will miss you AskBud. See you someday on the other side amigo.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Sad news indeed. Bud was always the first responder for anyone in need. A pillar of the forum.

Bud will be sadly missed.

My condolences to his family. I was just watching one of his videos today. He will be missed by all. nothing but good can be said about him.

He taught me to use this machine. His tutorials are a priceless resource for all of us. He gave me his phone number and talked on the phone with me for an hour. And that was how we met! A great guy! He has been and will be missed. Rest in Peace Bud!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

My condolences. Well said..
    thanks so much!
    karl

AskBud you will be truly missed - My condolances to the family. Rest in Peace Neal.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast