Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often does the CW breakdown?

1. Default

Wow, I never knew the vacuum can cause so much trouble! I have over 80hrs on my machine and for the past 3 months have vacuumed it 4-6 times per carve depending on how long the carve was. My theory was the cleaner I keep my machine during the carve the longer it would last and the less trouble I would run into later. I just use a regular shop vac and have not had any trouble. I guess will have to be more careful and cut back on the vacuuming. Thanks for the heads up!
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robkjv1611 View Post
    Wow, I never knew the vacuum can cause so much trouble! I have over 80hrs on my machine and for the past 3 months have vacuumed it 4-6 times per carve depending on how long the carve was. My theory was the cleaner I keep my machine during the carve the longer it would last and the less trouble I would run into later. I just use a regular shop vac and have not had any trouble. I guess will have to be more careful and cut back on the vacuuming. Thanks for the heads up!
    Rob
    One of the lucky ones! It also depends on what type of hose you have on your shop vac. Some are like a magnet for static while others seem to dissipate it.

Now the best solution for the dust is to have a dust collection system installed in the machine.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    One of the lucky ones! It also depends on what type of hose you have on your shop vac. Some are like a magnet for static while others seem to dissipate it.

Now the best solution for the dust is to have a grounded dust collection system installed in the machine.
    You should make sure it is grounded as well!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Thanks Bert!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Looked at the paperwork and your board sensor tested 156 and 152 right before shipment. I still suggest watch video under maintenance and blow (blast) pointed as directed. New one is still on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say "new one is still on the way" i take it as it has been shipped. I am on the phone now and it took them 25 minutes to find it has not been shipped.

Sorry, I got you and lostparts confused.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Sorry, I got you and lostparts confused.
    No worries nothing we can do about it and we all makemistakes. We learn from them and move on. It’s just that I would have liked toget to know the CW and make some projects before I go back to work next week. Idid take the time to look around the forum and tips and tricks some more andlearned some things.

Nothing like being able to have a few spare parts on hand for a quick repair. I was cutting 15 sheets of plastic, 350+ tags over the weekend in the shop with temps in the 20's... I had to watch the crank down pressure and every morning the first measurement was struggling in speed. Each day I measured the board then shut it off and did it again a 2nd time releasing a little pressure and getting it just right. That Masking Taped Board Sensor from a few years ago was giving me a 10... It had gotten some white plastic dust behind the tape and into the lens. Put in a new one and was back up in 5 min. Grateful for having the parts, doing this as a Business helps as all the parts are a Tax deduction.

I use 1/4 inch strips of double sided tape to hole the tags with no tabs.

Hope you get your sensor soon.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03876_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 02-04-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12