Thread: Depth adjustment help

Default Depth adjustment help

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Looks like I have to re-carve this due to board warpage so I may as well do this right this time. Look at the pattern, you see the 4x6 carve region that is for a photograph. For some reason I cannot get the depth adjusted properly. I need it just deep enough for a photo, not 1/4". I've tried but it doesn't seem to do what I want. If someone wouldn't mind helping me I would appreciate it. By the way I had to take an element out to get the file size down. Thanks!

donna adjust.mpc
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Looks like I have to re-carve this due to board warpage so I may as well do this right this time. Look at the pattern, you see the 4x6 carve region that is for a photograph. For some reason I cannot get the depth adjusted properly. I need it just deep enough for a photo, not 1/4". I've tried but it doesn't seem to do what I want. If someone wouldn't mind helping me I would appreciate it. By the way I had to take an element out to get the file size down. Thanks!

donna adjust.mpc
    You need to use the Merge function, the large rectangle was set to .250, use add merge - the card depth, add the card thickness and merge, use subtract.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Set Card depth.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 01-27-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Default 0.062

Is a 1/16 ok ?

Capt Barry
    Attached Files Attached Files

I found this very informative I just learned something new that is two things I've learned today on programing , thank you....

Just a suggestion. I did the recess as a "Pocket" with a series of concentric rectangles and a 1/8" cutting bit assigned to a depth of .313. The outside rectangle has a 90 degree V-Bit assigned to simulate the feather.
    Steve