Thread: Cutting Head Broken Roller

Default Cutting Head Broken Roller

Just wanted to post this out for all. Not any ones fault but this is also a 246 Error.....lol Dont ask what happend, I can't tell you. Doing a simple project, just a set of military stripes, and got this error. Checked the machine and the pic's show the whole story. Have an email off to Carvewright, and with as good of service I have had with them, I should be back in business before you know it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails carvewright_002_166.jpg   carvewright_001_181.jpg  
    If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Cool Back in Business

Ok, so now it’s fixed. After some great support from the Guy's and Gal's at CarveWright (Erik), they were able to fix my machine, test it and get it back. I cannot say enough about their support and customer service. If all companies stood behind their product and gave the support that they give, everyone would be happy all the time. They deserve the Gold Medal in customer support. I thank each and every one of them. Now it's time to get back in the game and make some sawdust.

Did you have to send the whole machine in or just the z-axis truck? Yuk, that must have been a sinking feeling when you looked in a saw that. Just looks like a defective casting that failed. How many hours did you have on the machine?

Thumbs up

Yes, the whole machine went back. They wanted to make sure that it didn't have any other issues. Only had about 10 hrs on the machine and it was a sinking feeling when I saw the broken roller. But the good people at CarveWright took care of me and now I am back in business. The weekend is here and its time to play.

And I thought my chuck was hard to get the bit out
    hope you get running soon..

Default My Carvewright also had a roller break

I had my machine a week. A couple of the bit holders had "nicks" in them when they arrived. It looks like the 1/16th carving bit drove straight down and when the head moved it snapped off the up/down carriage roller.

The support people were helpful, but it has to go back for repair. I made some nice carvings before it broke. It's a great machine.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the machine,
    but you can be sure LHR will have you back up and carving in no time.
    The turn around on machine repairs has been great lately.
    Anyway welcome to the forum, and please keep us up to date on your progress.

If you happen to run across any question, just ask -- we have loads of folks with answers.
    Last edited by Kenm810; 07-31-2007 at 06:22 PM.
    Ken

Ver 1.182 on XL Pro plus Ver 1.164 and 1.175 on Windows 7 Ultimate
    It Never Fails * Till * You Say It Never Fails

Default CarveWright Repair

I can vouch for the excellent service from the group at Carvewright. I am fortunate that I am just 30 miles from their repair facility so I didn't save my box.

Their turnaround time has improved drastically and they really care about the customers. It is rare to find a company that cares as much as they do.