Thread: Pattern Clean Up

Default Pattern Clean Up

Good evening Gents.

This weekend I am going to try building my frist project from the ground up, a wine glass rack for my wife. I made this wine bottle pattern from a google image, then added my own images and text to create a label of sorts. The edge of the bottle is a bit rough, and I am not exactly sure how to clean up the edges. I have two patterns that are similar, if someone wouldnt mind sharing how to clean them up that would be amazing!

Kevin

mutts nuts.mpc

It looks like your bottle image has some rough edges. Not knowing what software you have for image editing but I think most are similar. You try either try redrawing the edges or even try a Gaussian blur to smooth out the edges. If you have the pattern editor you can do the same thing with it..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Also when you import the pattern click the down arrow a few times. It trims the edges.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Thanks gentlemen,

Other than pattern editor I do not have any image editing software, however that is something I have been exploring. I have really been looking into CorelDraw, and ArtCam, unless anyone has any better ideas!

There's a HUGE price diff between coreldraw and artcam (about $8000 difference!) - just a heads up

The pattern editor is a really powerful software, it can really do a lot, but
    don't forget about the free software out there that is very good such as paint.net and inkscape.

For your pattern though, I think this is an excellent example of where the new 2d vector tools would solve the problem very quickly and cleanly - just trace the edges

Lawrence