Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some painted Address Signs

I'm glad you're in driving distance. I can just bring my projects up and contract the painting out to you. The painting is definitely the hardest part.

Thanks Wally,

Just what I need is more projects stacking up in my shop when I'm behind anyhow. That and my annoying full time employer wants me to come in every day for some reason. What's the saying "I thought I wanted another career when what I really wanted was paychecks."

This is just one more thing that is making me glad I'm finally looking at retirement this year so I'll be a bit more free to do things that really bring me joy.

After I retire we'll talk about cooperating on projects my Friend.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

I'm only working piddly part time stuff and sometimes I think that's too much. Time's wasting my friend. Make yourself a Mock headstone that says "Wish I had spent more time at work" and look at it for about a month.

OH NO, one more project to carve. But you're right I think that would do it for me looking at that message. Have a great week Sir
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW

Outstanding work! Funny most times I like looking at the carving, slapping some oil on it and saying done. Then I look at the painted work that artists like yourself put on there and think HMMM I shoulda done that!.

It really does complete the signs. Great job!

Thank you Carl and All,

I can relate to that slap on some oil feeling, as I really love wood in all the available grains, shades and accents a nice finish brings out. This venture into painting again brings me some new challenges to overcome and I'm enjoying it so far. While these were for family members I'll have trouble determining what to charge a paying customer if they want a similar treatment as the painting takes at least as much time as the carving and maybe more. I guess I'm just going to have to try a few and seen if it's worth my price to them.

Next project will be the two landing ducks below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0004.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	59372
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123