Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with clear plastic door

Default Problem with clear plastic door

Having an ongoing problem with the keypad saying to close the door...is there a way to bypass this?

You can, but really not advised unless you've been using the CW for quite a long time and know it really well. You probably just need to blowout/clean the contacts on the inside (underneath) the clear cover. That's usually what causes that keypad notice to popup. There are 2 contacts.. one on left and one on right. Go ahead and clean/blowout both as they get sawdust caught up in there at times.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

I do not recommend bypassing the cover switch. Check to see if you have any dust build up in the switch, is it out of alignment (loosen the 2 screws a small amount and push the switch forward as much as it will go), check the clear cover and tabs that make contact with the switch to see if any are out of alignment.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I just noticed the left side tab is broken off.....

I believe it's the left side that produces the "cover open" fault on the key pad. The right side is for the cut motor.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

well wired the left side 2 wires together since the plastic knob is broke that engages it when closed. Still get the please close door notice. When push the button on the rht side the bit moves for a second.

Awesome now Im getting the Z axis stall E06 0313

get this error message after I press the pattern i want to carve so instead of starting to measure or anything I get this error..any ideas?

You have now told the computer that the cover is now closed all the time. So when you opened the cover the right side switch is the return path and the safety switch for the cut motor. NORMALLY when both switches are used, the Left Side Switch tells the computer that the clear cover is OPEN and to NOT try to start the cut motor... So possibly the Z Error was the cover open but the switch bypassed so the computer did not know and it tried to carve but the right side cover switch was open and would not let the cut motor start....

The best fix for this is to replace the clear cover... Yes, it is expensive.... And shipping will be about $15.00... So getting a few other soon needed parts with that order would make the shipping feel a little better... Cut Motor Brushes, Board Sensor, FSC Cable, Sand Paper Belts, X Gears, Y Gear.... Sure that a lot of parts... but if you can swing the money now you save $15.00 on each item later...

KNOW that if you also bypass the right side switch that the Cut Motor can COME ON while you are changing bits and mangle your fingers... There is a Hardware Fault that has happened to 3 of my 4 machines in the early years when I was still using a QC.... The C1 Capacitor vibrated and snapped off one end. This let it touch then NOT touch... then TOUCH.... This caused the CUT MOTOR to START even with the Memory Card out of the computer.... As it was a HARDWARE FAULT... The Touching Capacitor when I Thumped on the machine turned on the Q1 Transistor or ELECTRONIC switch for the Cut Motor... When I worked at the Sony Picture Tube Plant, all new Techs got a lecture by a group of guys known as the 9 digit club.... Even a few 8 digit club members... They all lost fingers in the Picture tube Equipment by bypassing safety interlocks.... Many greasing chain drives while they were running....

SO BUY THE COVER....

In my opinion, No one should ever bypass the CW Interlocks. We are all big boys and responsible for our own actions.... Like checking the Transmission Fluid in your car with the Engine Running and wearing a TIE.... Doesn't that just sound silly.... Fan Belts and Ties...

And remember the most common reason for the Close Cover Error is the plug coming loose for the left switch and the next is installing the plug 180 degrees out... The White Wire toward the center of the machine.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07811_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Ordered new clear cover and both switches and FCC cable and cpl bits...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast