Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am thinking of purchasing a Carvewright

1. Default I am thinking of purchasing a Carvewright

I am thinking of purchasing a Carvewright to make customsigns. Can I use my own art or do I have to use what is available on the website? If I can use mine what format does it need to be in and how do I importit. Thank you for your help.

I am not an expert by any stretch and I'm sure the pro's on the forum will be responding to you shortly, but the short answer is probably "yes" if you can import your art in a format that works with Designer ( the proprietary software package that you use with the Carvewright machine ). I suppose it would help others to answer your question if you provide the file formats you keep your personal collection of artwork under.

You can also import grayscale images that will work at patterns that allow you to create 3D carvings. I don't do much with 3D carvings myself but there are plenty of users successfully building their collection of homemade patterns using free software like GIMP, or commercial alternatives like PS and Corel. Generally, the file format most will use to import these images would be PNG but JPG works also. There is an import option in the file menu of Designer.

I believe you can download Designer and play with it for a trial period and that might help you work through some of the info you will get once more experienced users jump in here
    Last edited by Ton80; 01-15-2013 at 10:01 AM.

You can absolutely both make your own art or you can use what is available on the website or you can get lots of free patterns here.

I did a few youtube videos a while back-- they are poorly done and by no means cover all the things that are possible, but they cover some of the things you can do

There have been several notable software advances since these videos were made (notably the 2d and 3d tools) which help further pattern making even more.

I hope these help- they are by no means the end-all-be-all for the software. These vids were just me "dumping my brain" onto video a few months ago. I have learned MUCH more since these were made... the CW is so easy to learn and so complicated to master....

Lawrence

Great job Lawrence!!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

6. Default

Thank you for the help. I will be working with the 30 day trialsoftware. I am looking forward to when Iget mine, hopefully in the near future.

7. Default

Very nice video's Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne369 View Post
    Thank you for the help. I will be working with the 30 day trialsoftware. I am looking forward to when Iget mine, hopefully in the near future.
    Here is a link to do a layaway for a Carvewright - take a look and read it over and see if it might be something for you in order to get a carvewriight.

http://store.carvewright.com/product...id=19335&cat=0

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    Here is a link to do a layaway for a Carvewright - take a look and read it over and see if it might be something for you in order to get a carvewriight.

http://store.carvewright.com/product...id=19335&cat=0
    Thank you Chief. Ihave the money it’s that the military may not get paid if congress doesn't raisethe debt ceiling. I don’t want to be left in a bad situation. One part of mesays take the chance and the other part says wait. I just don’t know how longthis will take for them to figure this out.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne369 View Post
    Thank you Chief. Ihave the money it’s that the military may not get paid if congress doesn't raisethe debt ceiling. I don’t want to be left in a bad situation. One part of mesays take the chance and the other part says wait. I just don’t know how longthis will take for them to figure this out.
    I hear that - I retired in 2011 - I can't count how many times I had to deal with the same sort of thing. It will all work out I am sure. Let us know when you get one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast