Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rotary board layout problem?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Is the problem (in ropeballtest 2 ) not simply that the ball sweep ends with sharp drops at the ends. Change the board size to 8 inches long to see. Do you make it longer so the drops are off the board. Does that do it or do you need the pattern to not have those dropped edges .
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner, Eddie worked on a model that John made me and I'm carving it now, with the additional info
    provided by Ed Baker I think I got it. Many Thank Yous to all !
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Quote Originally Posted by James RS View Post
    I did many Thanks to you and John, I'm carving now.
    James, GIMP is free from gimp.org Anyway, after geting a picture (Snip or snag) from designer, of your project. Open it in Gimp, go to filter, then scroll down to Map, then Map Object. Then choose map to cylinder. There are some settings that allow you to set the diameter, etc. I usually set the radius to 12 or so.. click preview and then if is is what you want, click OK. You can rotate the mapped object to see the front, sides, or anywhere you want. If you want a better explanation, just let me know.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Thanks Ed, I actually have Gimp installed, I played around with it and found the settings.

Quote Originally Posted by edzbaker View Post
    James, GIMP is free from gimp.org Anyway, after geting a picture (Snip or snag) from designer, of your project. Open it in Gimp, go to filter, then scroll down to Map, then Map Object. Then choose map to cylinder. There are some settings that allow you to set the diameter, etc. I usually set the radius to 12 or so.. click preview and then if is is what you want, click OK. You can rotate the mapped object to see the front, sides, or anywhere you want. If you want a better explanation, just let me know.
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123