Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Live to ride

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Live to ride

Hi everyone , I'm new to the forum and wondering if anyone knows where I can find a "Live to Ride" motorcycle sign , I carved one out with my router and its not very nice , I have a jpeg so when I import it, it looks pretty crapy. so I'm looking to buy the pattern to carve out with my machine. Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	live_to_ride.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	58848live_to_ride.mpcClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1036PC.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	58850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1036PC_DISP.png 
Views:	83 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	58851

Welcome to the forum. I just found this jpg online, then used the free shadermap program to generate the pattern. My husband is a harley man, and he might like this...
    -Colleen

Oh cool, where do you get the shadermap program, I'm gonna try and upload a jpeg of the one I was looking at , Your husband might like this one too, We ride a 2012 spyder rt. I carved the one made out of wood with my router , but would like to use the machine now. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails harley live to ride for steve.jpg   IMAG0511-1.jpg  

Thanks CRFAHY.

Name:	live_to_ride3.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	58856live_to_ride3.mpc You could play around with this one... I just made it from shared patterns...

Do a forum search for "harley" or cycles - there are quite a few patterns that have been shared, plus plenty of advice about copyrights... This is one I carved Click image for larger version. 

Name:	small harley wings.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	58858 but you can't edit the text on it.

Do a search here on 'shadermap' too. That's how I learned about it! http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...ight=shadermap Thanks to eelamb and bjbethke!
    Last edited by crfahy; 01-12-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    -Colleen

I carved that one as well. You can't edit the text, but you can put text around it...

Name:	Springer Parking Sign smaller.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	684.0 KB 
ID:	58860
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Those are awesome guys, I"m gonna play around with that one crfahy, , thanks

Default 1st run not so good......

First run through didn't go as well as I would have liked. The center part text "Harley Davidson" is barely readable. I used the following settings: .250 depth, 100 height, medium draft, 1/16" bit set on best setting.

Not sure if there is a better pattern that what I used or anyway I can this one can be manipulated so the text is better.....thoughts?

Name:	IMG_2406.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	320.0 KB 
ID:	83189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2407.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	83190

try 999 height. Height is a relative measurement and is set from the lowest point of the board upward. to get it to the top, use 999. I have found 999 fixes most issue with depth.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gwhiz View Post
    I carved that one as well. You can't edit the text, but you can put text around it...

Name:	Springer Parking Sign smaller.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	684.0 KB 
ID:	58860
    I've been trying to find this pattern with no luck...would you mind sharing or pointing me to the right link? Thank so much...you did a great job. Thank you in advance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast