Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New CorelDraw Logo Tutorial

I do have my font size set at 120% other wise I can't see my text with my default screen resolution at 1280 x 1024 on a 15" LCD monitor.

I just built/got this new computer going in the last week or so, it's XP Pro ( needed it for the carvewright software) but I sure miss my win98se, it was much less flaky.

I've tried changing the font size in IE6 from medium to largest and smallest didn't seem to make any difference on your site though. I will try setting my font size (temporarily ) in XP and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks ~Mike
    If at first you do succeed - try to hide your astonishment.

Okay I dropped my fonts in XP back to 96dpi and your site looks fine. I'm going to get a headache reading my screen with it this way so I will download your file and change my font setting back.

Thanks ~Mike
    If at first you do succeed - try to hide your astonishment.

Mike,

Have you considered setting your screen display to something like 800x600 instead of changing your text option in Windows? In this day of relatively low priced super sized monitors, and the old 15" monitor setting of 800x600 makes everything pretty large on your larger screen (probably at least a 17" or 19" today). There are some programs that might not run well at that setting, but check to see if you don't have a graphics card control on your system panel (right lower corner) where you can quickly change to a different settings like 1024x768 or 1280x768, or even 1280x1024 ... etc. Text fits the screen then.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Jantz
    Thanks all...

Have any of you had trouble playing it? If so, please let me know what the problem was and what you did to fix it...

I know most people just have to download the latest codec that it uses and it fixes the problem, but in one case it's still not playing on Windows Media Player.

Thanks! Jon
    Yeah I downloaded the "New Corel Draw tutorial" Windows media player says 'error downloading codec'. I went to see if I needed to upgrade and it said I had the lastest version. All I get is your voice, no video. I believe this is a problem on my part because the video on carvewrights site does the same thing, I'll let you know if I fix it.

Download a copy of IrfanView, its free and supports just about every known video format there is.
    BoardSilly
    "Destroying Cuba 1 Cigar At A Time"

Quote Originally Posted by BoardSilly
    Download a copy of IrfanView, its free and supports just about every known video format there is.
    Thanks, I have infraview, just never knew it played video as well. I'll try again tonight when I get home.

Well, I can't get the video to play in Quicktime. I've tried the perian codec, a couple of other codecs, and I've even tried playing it through Final Cut Pro. Apple sez 'no habla.'

I don't suppose you'd want to put out a .MOV version for all of us Mac people, would you?

Your pal,
    Meat.

Meat,

I don't have a MAC, but I do have Windows version of QuickTime Player version 7.1.3 and all Jon's AVI files work fine, with sound, on it on a PC. What version are you using, perhaps that's the problem.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BoardSilly
    I did this, too (I've got Parallels on the Mac). Still no worky.

Your pal,
    Meat.

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill
    Meat,

I don't have a MAC, but I do have Windows version of QuickTime Player version 7.1.3 and all Jon's AVI files work fine, with sound, on it on a PC. What version are you using, perhaps that's the problem.

Bob
    Using 7.1.3.

I make movies, so I've got the latest versions of QT and all the Final Cut Pro codecs. I just can't see this type of file. I only get sound.

Your pal,
    Meat.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast