Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New CorelDraw Logo Tutorial

Default New CorelDraw Logo Tutorial

Since many of you have emailed and PM'd me about the Corel Logo Digitising Tutorial I did up a while back, I'm posting a little note here....

I totally re-did it... made it slower and tried to be more descriptive in what I was doing. The ones that have looked at it so far have told me that they liked it better...

This is what the tutorial shows:
    * How to take a logo into CorelDraw and manually trace it.
    * Turn it to a grayscale and add curvature and bevel to the different objects to make them carve better, look better and prevent chip-out.
    * Take it into Photopaint to prepare it for Designer, how to save it with a transparent background to keep from having the feather box.
    * How to Import the final design into Designer
    * How to Outline the pattern and add a Cut Path to cut out shape.

To cover the cost of the recording software I just bought along with a few other costs... I'm asking a small fee for this one. Don't worry though, there are more free tutorials in the works as well, and for the price I'm asking, I believe you'll get your money's worth of information out of it...

I would also like your feedback on what you think of the video and what you would like to see more of.

You can download it from
    http://www.allcw.com

Thanks, all!!
    Jon Jantz
    Free Tutorials, Patterns & Projects at www.ALLCW.com

Default Excellent

Jon,

Purchased and downloaded 07/03, EXCELLENT !!!!! Easy with Pay Pal.

Just watched it all the way through and I learned SO much is such a short time. I had seen the welding and gradients in classes I had taken on Corel at Atlantic City at a ARA.org convention a few years back.

Just picking the medium colors and showing the results then going to white and doing it again plus the accelerated feature made so much sense. WOW !!!!!

Great Audio, Great pace, Not too slow, Not too fast. Excellent detail how and why you do each step. I am still a little shake on the trace, clicking in the node ?? to prevent extra lines. Need to review that again. Found myself making a mess out of a trace a while back when I was doing another project in Sublimation. The control key will help next time, forgot about that.

Thanks again and keep up the good work !!!

AL

Default Cant get in now

I tried to register there this am and couldnt. Now Im trying to just get back in to read forum and getting timeout error. Have went to other sites and not happening so is it me or your site ?
    Happi Carving
    Barb

IM2HAPPI, I think it's my hosting service. I've been with the same company for several years with no problems, but my site was down and acting flaky quite a bit yesterday....

I hope it doesn't continue or I'll call them and ask them to move me to a different server....

Let me know if you have any more problems...

Thanks, Jon

i bought it as well. great tutorial. now to find the time to use my newfound knowledge .
    if you don't expect too much from me, you won't be let down.

Thanks all...

Have any of you had trouble playing it? If so, please let me know what the problem was and what you did to fix it...

I know most people just have to download the latest codec that it uses and it fixes the problem, but in one case it's still not playing on Windows Media Player.

I'm probably going to re-produce it as a Flash vid, just so I have a backup plan if someone can't get it to play...

Thanks! Jon

It played fine on WinAmp and was very infomative.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Text overlap

Thought I'd download your tutorial, however having a bit of trouble reading your site, see screen capture. Do I have some settings wrong somewhere? I don't get this on any other sites.

Thanks ~Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails site_969.jpg  
    If at first you do succeed - try to hide your astonishment.

Just checked and I can still read it OK. I did run into that effect on a 3M web sight I was looking at today, was only like that on one page.

AL

Autobody..

I don't know, it's displayed correctly on all the machines I've looked at it on... that's a couple at home and several at work, as well as at several different friend's places...

I'd like to know what the deal is and if it's something I can prevent when making the site... so a couple of questions.

Do you have your text size set to Larger than normal or anything like that? Does it make a difference if you view the page full screen?

I can how that'd get old in a hurry...

Later,
    Jon

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast