Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: There must be an easier way!

1. Default

That's a sample of a pattern I made on commission for Chief2007. I'll be trying to add it to the pattern depot if anybody needs it.

Hey, Alan, can you give us a 2 minute tutorial on how to make a pattern like that?

DickB is on to something! Lawrence had a webclass the other day that was pretty cool, it would be great to see a few more of those! Right now with my experience, I could probably offer a webclass on how to plug your machine into the socket, but there is a plethera of knowledge on here!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCarp View Post
    DickB is on to something! Lawrence had a webclass the other day that was pretty cool, it would be great to see a few more of those! Right now with my experience, I could probably offer a webclass on how to plug your machine into the socket, but there is a plethera of knowledge on here!
    I appreciate the words of support! If there's interest I plan to do a few more that are more specific to certain operations- like "making a DXF from a image you find on the internet with coreldraw and then turning it into a pattern"

I'm certainly not an expert but I'm always more than happy to share what knowledge I do have. The software (anymeeting) works OK (though my upload speeds are a bit slower than they could be) but I'm looking into boosting that.

Certainly let me know if y'all are interested in more live sessions- I'll try to be more organized next time (syllabus, etc)

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,

Sounds like fun. How does one find out the weblink, date and time when you hold these sessions? I wanna attend!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Allen, Step up and take a bow. OUTSTANDING !!!

Capt Barry

Lawrence I would be more than interested.Please let me know when .

Lawrence, I would really be interested in anything to do with DXF importer and Corel images and text. I would also like to see some help on how to take a image from Sketchup Warehouse and turn it into a pattern with STL importer and pattern editor. Most troubling to me is how to orient the warehouse image and how to slice it and then what to do with it in Designer to make a nice pattern. Thanks for all the help you have given already---I have watched and enjoyed your videos on YouTube.

Larry

9. Default

Hi DickB

LOL! I could give a two year coarse on how to do that. It's done with raster stuff. I used to try and show people how to do stuff but it wasn't really that popular. And it's a lot of work. But if you need a pattern made I can do it for a low price. I'm going to try speeding up my work flow to lower the price. I was thinking well if I just draw all the shapes first real fast then make all the layers and masks real fast and then meticulously fill all the shapes with what they need etc. I could offer lower prices. I can give the price of a project for consideration beforehand to those who need something done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123