Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 3 Projects with my Carvewright!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default First 3 Projects with my Carvewright!

Bought a used carvewright last December. Here are my first 3 projects. Made the box in January of last year and the other 2 for Christmas... Gonna get addicted.

Some more info,

The box is a a walnut with burl veneer top, it is the first box I ever made built it just to carve. Scary to run that through the carvewright. Made a few "dummy tops" to try before offering up the real one...

The "Lowe" sign is Carved through mahogany into a maple backing

The Owl project is actually edge lit Plexiglass, blacked out on the back so it lights up whatever is written on it, Made it for my Brothers Beer Store. It is a carve through walnut into maple project. I did have the carvemore guys convert the logo since i have not upgraded my software other then centerline and I stink at graphic design. Added a pic of the lighting...

Already have the next project in the works... Gonna be wild Looks to be 50+ Hrs to carve I have my doubts it will actually work may be too ambitious this early on in my carving career...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plaque.jpg   271575-438x.jpg   271577-438x.jpg   271578-438x.jpg  

WP_20121225_026.jpg   WP_20121225_005.jpg  
    Last edited by Omextreme; 01-04-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Nice projects....really like the box...and you are right...it does get addicting ....welcome to the CW family
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

WOW! my first carves were nothing in comparison to these . looking forward to seeing more
    steve
    Start U Member

Ok, wait... these are your "first" projects?! I am just gonna sell mine!! Geez! What a show-off! LOL I know i am not worthy, but, please share your techniques! The first is a glue-up/carve-through? And those beautiful in-lays?! Welcome to the forum!! And thank you for sharing!! Your work speaks highly of you.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Excellent Work ! I like the owl sign the best. Your signs look a little colonial, nice. Thanks for sharing.

Capt Barry

WOW - I love what you've done. Your work is exceptional.

Lawrence

Very nice work! Beautiful finishes on all!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Great Job! They came out very nice!

Great work! I'm guessing you are doing layered blanks so that the lettering is in a different wood? Not an easy thing to do trying to get the depth just right. Great Job!

Too late.... you're a lost cause.... cause you're ADDICTED already.... just haven't accepted it yet! LOL Great projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Omextreme View Post
    Bought a used carvewright last December. Here are my first 3 projects. Made the box in January of last year and the other 2 for Christmas... Gonna get addicted.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast