Thread: KeyHole Bit and Software Featue to Use It

Default KeyHole Bit and Software Featue to Use It

I use a keyhole bit to add a hanger hole to the back of some of my signs. It's simple to do by hand, but wouldn't it be nice to have a Keyhole Tool in Designer like the Drill Tool.

i just bought 400 sawtooth hangers off fleabay for 40.00 two different sizes i figured if you are cutting wood away you would not want to cut into the back of it. it might make a hole right thru and ruin it.
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

I think a keyhole bit would be asking too much of this machine. Probably best to still do those by hand or purchase sawtooth hangers like menewfy did.

Rob

Why so, Rob,

I would think it would be pretty simple to design into the vector program options a specific depth move and retreat and unload task with a specific bit in mind. and with so many "wall" type projects being a very favorite desgin, I'd think this would be an excellent addition to the new Advanced software program, besides being a new bit they could sell.

Bob

On second thaught, if you can run a 1/2" ballnose, a keyhole bit of same size or smaller shouldn't be an issue either. Not exactly sure how you would perform that operation with the current software though. Maybe Bob can shed some light on that.

Rob

Sounds like it would be the same software upgrade you would need for dovetails thats being decussed in another form,plunge, move in, backout.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years