Thread: Using Excel on Pattern Sharing

Default Using Excel on Pattern Sharing

Happy New Year everybody!!!
    I hope 2013 would be a great year for all of us.
    Awhile back AskBud mentioned about using Excel to find the patterns through the internet. I was using it for awhile. Recently my computer messed up big time and I had to reset it to the manufacture settings, losing everything I saved.
    I tried to PM Bud but he hasn't responded yet and I figured he may be traveling.
    Are any one of you using the Excel method? I sure can use a little help here.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFTAMan View Post
    Happy New Year everybody!!!
    I hope 2013 would be a great year for all of us.
    Awhile back AskBud mentioned about using Excel to find the patterns through the internet. I was using it for awhile. Recently my computer messed up big time and I had to reset it to the manufacture settings, losing everything I saved.
    I tried to PM Bud but he hasn't responded yet and I figured he may be traveling.
    Are any one of you using the Excel method? I sure can use a little help here.
    Thanks.
    The Excel method? Are you talking about MS Excel spreadsheet? I am not at all familiar with using Excel to search the internet for patterns. Can you elaborate?

dave

http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-...0downloads.htm It is one of the videos about searching the pattern sharing
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    The Excel method? Are you talking about MS Excel spreadsheet? I am not at all familiar with using Excel to search the internet for patterns. Can you elaborate?

dave
    AskBud uses that method and told about it in his video that Badbert mentioned. It was a while back when I set up my search system using the MS Excel. When my computer was reset back to the original state, I forgot how to do the Excel thing.
    When you go to the AskBud page, find the one that mention the searching the Pattern Depot and download it. He does a super job presenting that concept. It is a lifesaver, Dave!
    Thank you so much, Badbert! You're a great heip here!!! Happy New Year!!!!
    Last edited by MrFTAMan; 01-01-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Got it going again. I did everything Bud directed me to do. The bad thing is I'm using MS Excel 97 which is very limited as far as the Find part. He suggested using at least Excel 2000 to get good results in searching. I got Excel 2002 but for some reason it won't load up.
    This is a great way to cut down time searching for patterns in the old pattern sharing section (over 3000 patterns and JPGs!).

MrFTAMan, check you PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie