Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I miss the Original Forum

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    I know, all. It was being asked for a way to protect them. I (LHR) can't do it for free as it requires too much personnel and systems resources. Yes, it is sometimes about the money. That's the nature of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not much resources needed to ban the member from the forum so he can not take our free shared patterns and projects and sell them.... You did it for the STARTU membership so why not here????
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The answer is not something I'm going to post. I wish I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Connie, your work here is very appreciated... and I never want to see the forum go back to the days of the past (QC days) however the rules need to change when new problems evolve.

The correct thing to do in my opinion is to modify the code of conduct rules as Dan suggested. Perhaps a statement that the free patterns on the forum are NOT TO BE RESOLD EVER as Ed would say. It wouldn't be fair to ban someone without a proper warning or even a rule to back it up with. Be kind of like a cop trying to give you a ticket for a unwritten law. I bet if this was a poll the votes would be 99 to 1 in favor of a statement of this nature.

LOL why do machines breakdown and topics of this nature always happen on weekends. Keep up the excellent job gal!

John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Oh I know the procedures for forums, been doing on Jason's sites for several years now..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

It would be nice to have the EBAY STEAL(seller) ban from this form like he is on others. LHR know has the ablility as they have forced log in for download or viewing of files. LHR needs to support those that are supporting LHR and it's customers by sharing knowledge making the Carvewright a better machine to own.

I would like to thank all of the people who share there knowledge and talents for all of us forum members to learn from.

I would like to think we could stop them, but after 40 years in the business world I have learned that if they want to cheat you can't stop them.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

agree Leo...but it not so hard with Vbulliten to ban an email or ip...he did have 2 user names here...not sure if they banned now?

EDIT: yep Gsalano still a member here
    Last edited by jpaluck; 12-30-2012 at 12:47 AM.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    It would be nice to have the EBAY STEAL(seller) ban from this form like he is on others. LHR know has the ablility as they have forced log in for download or viewing of files. LHR needs to support those that are supporting LHR and it's customers by sharing knowledge making the Carvewright a better machine to own.

I would like to thank all of the people who share there knowledge and talents for all of us forum members to learn from.
    Here, Here!! LHR does have a vested interest in Free Patterns as well! They are a great selling feature. "Log onto our forum and browse through hundreds of free patterns, created by other users!"
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Banning by email or IP would not stop anyone determined. If they made a new account and used a proxy server there would be no way to connect that user to an ebay account.

That's why I suggested built in password protection, which would put the owner of the file in charge. It's not foolproof either, but I'd think it would be more effective. Since the owner's name is in the file, it would even be possible to require unique passwords for each user. This puts more load on the file owner and less on LHR.

We can actually encrypt our files now using external software, but if it was incorporated into the pattern files it would have the benefit of trying before using.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast