Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I miss the Original Forum

Al it is sad, his actions has hurt everyone here, because no one wants the work they shared sold. Some are scumbags, only one they care about is them-self.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I miss the way the forums used to be as well, and I have mentioned before and still can't help but feel that this could be remedied with changes to the software.

Items sold in the pattern depot are already protected from being used in a carve unless they are purchased and registered. Our patterns are already tagged with our user names so no one else can edit them. One remedy would be to set up the system so the items we post would have to be registered. One easier way would be for LHR to incorporate password protection into pattern and project files. this way, If we create a file, if we opted to password protect it, a person would have to contact the owner of the file in order to obtain the password to carve the pattern (But would be able to download and play with the file in designer just like we can with files in the pattern depot). If we did not opt to protect the file, it would be free to use as they are now.

Become a pattern vendor and post them in the patterndepot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

So Connie your solution is, do not share any patterns, sell them in the pattern depot so LHR gets 50% of the profit.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

That's exactly my thought. If you could post free patterns there for free or real cheap, it might help, but it is an added step that many people would not trouble themselves with. The few things I have posted, I was not interested in making a profit, I was trying to help others and/or give them inspiration with my 'profit' being the ideas and inspiration I have received from other forum members. Unlike many other products, I really think the success of this machine can in large part be attributed to the forum members and their generosity. I also understand LHR wants and has to make a profit, but investing in it's users would likely help.

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    So Connie your solution is, do not share any patterns, sell them in the pattern depot so LHR gets 50% of the profit.
    LOL... It's always boils down to $$$ just like ebay turning their head instead of making a wrong right as mentioned in a previous post. LHR has all the control and all of the resources to correct the problem but it's really not in their best interest to do so.

Proprietary hardware and software is a profitable combination.
    Last edited by PCW; 12-29-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Become a pattern vendor and post them in the patterndepot.

Connie,

It is not about are patterns that WE are selling it is about the patterns we have posted for others to use to carve and learn how to set up carving projects. Look back through the system and see how many were posted on a daily basis from 2007 to 2010 and what the numbers have been since. Back then I would make a guess it was close to 50-100 per day, now maybe 1-10 if lucky..... The reason why? Well all know......
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I know, all. It was being asked for a way to protect them. I (LHR) can't do it for free as it requires too much personnel and systems resources. Yes, it is sometimes about the money. That's the nature of business.

There was also a lot of bad vibes on here back then too. Lots of people getting banned. Not near as bad now.

10. Default

I think I'm going to sign up as a pattern vendor and see if I can sell a few patterns. To tell the truth I like creating patterns more than anything else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast