Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss the Original Forum

geezerwoodworker Guest

Default I miss the Original Forum

When I bought my CarveWright many years ago the Forum had page after page of members original
    Patterns and Projects that they were kind enough to share with others free. It was helpful and time saving. I don,t find that now that the Forum has changed. Are members less willing to share now or is the Forum not saving them for us to quickly find them and download them?
    I have saved the ones that I downloaded during that time of generous sharing. Is there a way to share
    some with interested members now?

a really old geezerwoodworker

The original are still here, you were part of the way there. Under patterns, pattern sharing, scroll down to all the stars, see pattern sharing depot. Do not click it, click on the paper clip to see all the old patterns. With the new forum, notice the categories, new patterns are separated by categories. Now not all post their patterns there, would be nice if they did, but any thread that has a paperclip has images and patterns in it. Just click the paper clip.
    As to the last question, about not sharing, you are right. Some members decided to take the great patterns other share and sell them on eBay, thus the lack of sharing like before, and the lack of pattern makers as in the past. They have left the forum, only a few remain. I guess as the new members become better at making patterns a new crop of pattern makers will begin sharing their patterns.
    Last edited by eelamb; 12-28-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I agree with Eddie. there is still a lot of sharing here and the members are always helpful
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

The number one reason for the reductions of posting patterns and projects is because of a few forum members who are taking our free post sharing and selling them on ebay.

These members still exist here even though we have made many requests to have them banned. We do know who they are.............................. look up ebay seller sfsales....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I do not know if anyone else has noticed but access to the attachments and pictures on the forum is now restricted to members. We had discussions about this in the past and now it seems to have come to pass. Maybe this knowledge will help us return to the old sharing attitude.

geezerwoodworker Guest

Thanks Eddie, And Leo,
    Your fast and informative responses are a breath of fresh air. I also hope the sharing will improve
    as members gain more experience. Also if I can I would like to use your statement at the end of your reply. It is my feeling about shared patterns and Projects exactly.
    I have some projects I would like to share and some patterns also. They may not be great but they will be given freely.

geezerwoodworker
    Bill Rood

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I do not know if anyone else has noticed but access to the attachments and pictures on the forum is now restricted to members. We had discussions about this in the past and now it seems to have come to pass. Maybe this knowledge will help us return to the old sharing attitude.
    Correct you do have to be an active member and logged in now to view/read.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Bill you are welcome to use my statement. It is my way of telling the seller I am not happy with his actions and patterns I share are not to be sold by him or anyone else. It has done no good to date, but at least I have made my feeling known. I actually love sharing my patterns, just not here like in the past. On my signature are two site you may want to visit.

Bergerud yes you have to be a member to download the files, and the seller IS a member.
    Last edited by eelamb; 12-28-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Bergerud yes you have to be a member to download the files, and the seller IS a member.
    Well then I think the "forum code of conduct" should apply. If it does not, it should be revised so it covers this type of abuse.

Sad that a member is here only to take for free or Harvest ptn's to SELL.... eBay is making money off the sales so they are no help.... Like a Corner Store selling Tobacco or BEER to a Guy who was asked out front by a minor.... The Store is making money and looks the other way.... Until they get caught....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast