Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Dust Shoe Prototype for the Carvetight

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Thank YOU for the Rock Files.
    AL
    They are not really Rock files. They are any chuck files. I made the hole bigger for the other chucks but it is still for the CT also. A sort of one size fits all now. Usage will be different for each type of chuck. The CT users can install and forget. The Rock users will probably have to pop the window in and out. (Unless we find a way to fit a cup in. Dimensions required!) The QC users are in the same boat as the Rock users except they may have to take the outer plastic cover off of the chuck. (I have not tested the QC yet since I have not heard any interest.)

Thanks again... I also like the RingNeckBlues Helper Foot idea... I could not open that file, I am still running 1.184. I could open the 3 files you posted for the bigger chucks.... THANKS !!!!

The Helper Foot idea is pretty slick...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Thanks again... I also like the RingNeckBlues Helper Foot idea... I could not open that file, I am still running 1.184. I could open the 3 files you posted for the bigger chucks.... THANKS !!!!

The Helper Foot idea is pretty slick...

AL
    Al your going to like it no Modification to the machine and works like a charm and with my wet&dry vac,, I can't wait to try my new one I carved today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0111.JPG  
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Very Nice !!! Do you use Acrylic Glue to put it together?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I use Weld-on #16 solvent cement to glue together parts which involve a rough surface like the base (rough) to the top (smooth). It has the consistency of model cement.

I use straight methylene chloride to glue (melt) together joints between two smooth surfaces (uncarved surfaces). For example, you can glue two 1/4 inch thick pieces together to and get a 1/2 inch thick piece and the seam virtually disappears. I plan to change the pipe carve so that the joint is a smooth surface joint. (Most of the joints in the dust cap were smooth surface joints.)

Both of these products should be available wherever acrylics are sold.

bergerud, I've been watching this thread and seen the progress. I asked about the files and you graciously
    gave me a link, are those the current ones from the tweaking recently?
    " The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"

I cannot remember. I think that was the first prototype. I am afraid I am not that organized with the posts. If I felt like I had the design figured out, I would start a new post with all the files and instructions. I am not sure if any of the improvements are really improvements. I would not want a lot of people to carve it thinking it is finished. I am happy with only a few members being involved in the development of the thing. A few more, however, would be great. I really would like someone with a carvetight to get involved.

Here are the last files I have carved. One should go back in the thread to find out how some of these are carved. For example, the shoe body and shoe cap are double side carves best separated into two single carves to avoid getting full height tabs. The pipe (I am working on different ways to carve it) is a tricky carve requiring accuracy which has caused some frustration. Also, there is a new part, the CT cup. It is a cylinder to lower the window just below the adapter for the CT. No one has given me the dimensions needed to make a cup for the Rock (it may not even be feasible).

Disclaimer: This is an on going experiment with some ruff edges. It may take some finesse to get your machine to carve some of these parts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bonney Lake, Washington, United States, 113160055365328, Bonney Lake, Washington

Thank you for posting everything together. I am going to give it a try and will post my results. I use the rock and CT on my three machines.
    Tom Watson
    Two CW's and D.C.-Top Mount Insert @ Ringneckblues.com Get the dust out!!
    50" X 48" PDJ Pilot Pro CNC http://www.pdjinc.com

Check out my Facebook page for current carvings at http://www.facebook.com/signsinwood

Watsons Wooden Words http://www.signsinwood.com & Messages in Wood http://www.messagesinwood.com/

Tom it is really easy if you read the setup procedure Dan posted earlier.
    Stephen Allen
    Patterns By Stephen
    Pattern Super Store

Quote Originally Posted by easybuilt View Post
    Thank you for posting everything together. I am going to give it a try and will post my results. I use the rock and CT on my three machines.
    Hooray - a CT!

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast