Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Dust Shoe Prototype for the Carvetight

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I am working on it right now Henry. (I have not had much carving time since this week.) I cannot seem to get the thing to carve right. I need to tweak a few things but I cannot because the front and back do not line up when I carve them. I thought it was a puffing bug but now I do not know. I may have to post it so you can carve it.
    I have no problem with that,, I am more than happy to help you out,, and it help me out also
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Default Shoe Top

Ok I finally figured out it was my machine and not the mpc or puffing that was causing the problems. So here is the Shoe Top. I made the hole in the top larger for the Rock. If you carve it as a double sided carve, you will have some large tabs to cut. You can split it into to single carves. (That is what I do.) Remember to touch where the bearing hole will be on the bottom side and then for the top, touch on the carrier board (or somewhere which is 1/2 inch from the back.)

I made a little cup for the earlier CT version which fits in the hole and holds the window down lower. I do not know, however, how close the Rock comes to the board. I need to know the total length of the Rock (without adapter) below the truck bearing as well as the dimensions the part of the adapter which sticks out. There may be a problem with the cup if it has to be too deep. Only a small ring gap will be left for the chips and longer, stringy chips may plug it up. In any case a shallow cup which easily pops in and out would probably be ok for Rock users.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-31-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Removed 3D tilt

Ok I finally figured out it was my machine and not the mpc or puffing that was causing the problems. So here is the Shoe Top. I made the hole in the top larger for the Rock. If you carve it as a double sided carve, you will have some large tabs to cut. You can split it into to single carves. (That is what I do.) Remember to touch where the bearing hole will be on the bottom side and then for the top, touch on the carrier board (or somewhere which is 1/2 inch from the back.)

I made a little cup for the earlier CT version which fits in the hole and holds the window down lower. I do not know, however, how close the Rock comes to the board. I need to know the total length of the Rock (without adapter) below the truck bearing as well as the dimensions the part of the adapter which sticks out. There may be a problem with the cup if it has to be too deep. Only a small ring gap will be left for the chips and longer, stringy chips may plug it up. In any case a shallow cup which easily pops in and out would probably be ok for Rock users.
    Nice one but I can't download it to my card I haven't got the software 3D to be able to use it,, I just notice if I delete the connected line I am able to download it to the memory card, and what about the last shoe bottom I still can use it the one I already carved
    Last edited by henry1; 01-31-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    Nice one but I can't download it to my card I haven't got the software 3D to be able to use it,, I just notice if I delete the connected line I am able to download it to the memory card, and what about the last shoe bottom I still can use it the one I already carved
    Sorry, that was the tilt tool. I will have to convert to a pattern and re post. Thanks Henry.

Edit: DONE The original post has files updated.
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-31-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Yes Henry, the Shoe cap fits on the body you have already carved.

Thank you Dan i look forward to carving tomorrow
    Stephen Allen
    Patterns By Stephen
    Pattern Super Store

Quote Originally Posted by Sallen1215 View Post
    Thank you Dan i look forward to carving tomorrow
    I sure will be carving it today
    Henry

Sorry, that was the tilt tool. I will have to convert to a pattern and re post. Thanks Henry.

Thank you bergerud for the file update
    Henry

Thank YOU for the Rock Files. The last one I was confused until I looked on the back of the board... Nice Work !!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Well got one carved, and went good, now to make another pipe, and I will install it, can't wait to try it now maybe by Sunday will have it going //to me this one will work better, but the first one is good also don't get me wrong they do work good
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0110.JPG   IMG_0111.JPG   IMG_0112.JPG   IMG_0113.JPG  

Henry

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast