Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Dust Shoe Prototype for the Carvetight

As LHR corners the market on CT Bits they could close up the length restraints for other bits.... We could use other bits but only after we found the correct window of Length in a Rock or ER.

That was a impressive Depth Cut.... I have extended that 1/16th end mill for vector cutting tags very long in my Rock Chuck and it still works. That is because the Sensitive Current Sensing is turned on as soon as or close to as soon as the bit measurement is started.

I did post in the Software Request Thread that installing a 1/8th inch Cutting Bit LONG puts more SIDE STRESS on the Spindle and THAT could be the REAL REASON why LHR has the LENGTH RESTRAINTS...... To Protect the MACHINE.... And IF they gave us the option to DISABLE that Restriction we would be warned that Premature Bearing Wear could result...

AL

Edit: Thanks for the pat on the Head.... I do understand how the machine "Thinks" so it is easy for me... the 2 years making Picture Tubes with Sony working and thinking machine language really helps. Fanuc Robots, Elevators, Conveyors, Automated Tube making Equipment.

BUT..... I have been WRONG a few times corrected by LHR and some Users.... I thought that the X Servo was 115 volt in the beginning to move the Heavy Board as I saw the Q1 on the X Termination Board. It was to turn on and off the Cut Motor.... All 3 Servos are 24 volt I believe.

Then the Y internal Gear Box Bearings.... I thought they were Babbit..... Until someone posted a picture of the 2 bearings removed and I grabbed the Gear box on the shelf next to my computer and wiped the DUST off it... and saw the same.... 2 bearings.... The date on that picture with the 2 bearings I post is the day I found out...

I could be wrong about the Current sensing too.... But I think that is correct... LHR?
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-19-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Dan, I know it is just a prototype but did you ever get a chance to post the redesign of the shoe in which we didn't have to hand port the hose connection?
    Stephen Allen
    Patterns By Stephen
    Pattern Super Store

No, I did not. It would require a little more tweaking and I left it to move on to a removable version. I might go back to it.

That's cool. i was just curious, the improved air flow looked like it would be much better, I am fine with what i have so far, i cant wait for the removable one..... sad that i look forward to these things i know but what are ya gonna do lol
    Stephen Allen
    Patterns By Stephen
    Pattern Super Store

I tried it hoping to see that is was much better but I really could not tell any difference. I was thinking that with a 5/8 hose it might be better on those messy operations like milling deep pockets. It also has a larger area which I thought would be better for the deeper stuff. The new one is based on it so, hopefully, we will see.

Default prototype dust collection

I like this set up so much I made myself a spare, I won't go with out one now, it work like a puppy,, thx bergerud it was worth the time and efford)) and now I will tweek some of the parts and make a few more the top part just snaps in //

forgot to say Had to order more material and bearing lol I am so happy with it had to make more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0097.JPG   IMG_0099.JPG   IMG_0098.JPG  
    Last edited by henry1; 01-21-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

That is great Henry. Keep your eye on the bearing. It will get dust in it. Every 50 hours or so, I have to free up mine on my dust cap. I have also had some of them get stiff quite fast on some prototypes where there were gaps behind the bearing. We need a bearing with better seals.

I wonder if anyone else is going to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    That is great Henry. Keep your eye on the bearing. It will get dust in it. Every 50 hours or so, I have to free up mine on my dust cap. I have also had some of them get stiff quite fast on some prototypes where there were gaps behind the bearing. We need a bearing with better seals.

I wonder if anyone else is going to make one.
    Did you ever ask that company that sell the bearing if they had a better bearing seal just wondering// I do hope some other would take time to make one , I have been already ask if I would put one on thier machine and how much to put one on !!!
    Last edited by henry1; 01-21-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Henry

I did. They said they did not have the bearing I need. R1212 DD

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I did. They said they did not have the bearing I need. R1212 DD
    I did some calling around down my end the bearing company wiil search for me and he told me its a ceramic bearing with DD at the end of the number will keep you posted
    Henry

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast