Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dust Shoe Prototype for the Carvetight

Default Dust Shoe Prototype for the Carvetight

I got a friend of mine to buy a C machine when they were on sale last year and so, I have had a chance to play with a Carvetight and have started to make him a dust shoe. The machine is awaiting a part and so the dust shoe prototype is yet untested. There are some differences from the dust cap I have been using. The dust shoe is a low profile dust cap. This low profile is required as the diameter of the CT with allen and washers is too large to fit into a cap. I have made a stationary bit plate which is not a problem except for 14" plus wide carving. This greatly reduces the number of parts. The bit plate could be made to fold up for those wide carvings. Even though the shoe does fit under the standard bit plate, the standard bit plate cannot swing into position without hitting the bulge of the out pipe. There are other prolems yet to be solved. For example, most of the classial bits will not fit through the hole.

Anyway, here it is so far. I will post a video when I get the machine fixed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG   2.JPG   3.JPG   4.JPG  

5.JPG  

That looks great and would make an awesome addition to the Carvewright . If ever get to selling them let me know.

cool design, looks very promising

I agree with the chief, looks very professional. Please keep us update on your progress

Leo
    Life is to short carve something today
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

very professional I too would be interested keep us posted please
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I have been thinking about this topic too since I could better run my CW in my Laser Shop with one.... I have a bunch of FRP Plastic to cut but don't want to breath the dust... I love my metal collector but I have been wanting to change to a Shoe version.... I have a CPAP machine for Sleeping and have been looking at the MASK and Hose for a possibility.... Please post more pictures of the Bit Plate Shoe?

Thanks,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The mine keeps working ! Looks good ! Thanks for sharing.

Capt Barry

Count me in too. I would buy one as well.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

love the concept... I have been meaning to make a version of your dust cap for some time now- that looks even better. Well done indeed

Lawrence

Thanks guys. I think this design is better for someone who uses only the carving and cutting bits (or any bit that fits through the 3/4 inch hole). The lower profile means that it is easier to see what the bit is doing under the shoe. We all like to watch. Also, the vacuum intake is closer to the board which should be better.

I have also found a way to get the hose out of the machine so that no permanent machine modifications are required.

I cannot wait for the machine part, I will find a way to test the shoe today. Video coming soon.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast