Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Shipping Charges!

Default Ridiculous Shipping Charges!

I just bought one bit. One bit. I paid $12 for shipping thinking that it might ship out UPS.

NO! LHR decided to ship my 1 bit USPS First Class Mail!

I do a lot of shipping and I know this cost the company maybe $3-5 at most. $5 if they put it in a big box. Now my bit probably won't get here before the holidays, so I can't make those Christmas presents I was making, and I am livid.

If you aren't going to ship via a premium service, drop the pretense and don't charge a premium price. You have lost my respect.

Love the machine, NOT the company.

what bit (and with qc adapter or carvetight) are you looking to get, maybe someone here can help you out

Lawrence

-I've got no comment on the shipping cost thing... I've certainly said my piece about that too, but I will say that LHR seems a stand up company and hopefully they will eventually fix the shipping process.

Don't know if you've seen this from UPS or not...hopefully it will make it.

Due to holiday volume, UPS Ground delivery guarantees are suspended until December 26, 2012. All other guaranteed UPS Services will be delivered within 90 minutes of the normal commit time.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I broke my 1/8" QC cutting bit over the weekend. I wouldn't be so upset over the whole issue except that I was just going to do the whole carvetight upgrade and get new bits all at once. Well, due to supply issues, LHR has no hard pressed adaptors which means no carvetight bits. My original order went on backorder and I wasn't even notified until I logged in to see what was happening. I was told the bits would be ready by the end of the day (Monday) and ship on Monday. Come Tuesday still on backorder, call, and the adapters they got in stock were no good so they couldn't ship any bits, they had no idea when they might have working adapters. I cancelled my order and just resigned to getting a new QC 1/8" bit to finish my Christmas presents and a few last minute orders. I was upset already that they couldn't keep something like bits in stock. Nowthe shipping issue is just another little dig for the week.

Maybe it's a bad week for them.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Don't know if you've seen this from UPS or not...hopefully it will make it.

Due to holiday volume, UPS Ground delivery guarantees are suspended until December 26, 2012. All other guaranteed UPS Services will be delivered within 90 minutes of the normal commit time.
    Perhaps you should adjust your shipping rates accordingly then?

Any shopping cart software can calculate real-time shipping, and I know software which you run is definitely capable. One size fits all seems a little ridiculous, and I can't help but feel ripped off here.

The hard pressed adaptor issue really got me going this week. I was looking forward to the new system and now can't upgrade and just spent $50 for a stop gap solution.

I know.

The charge is a Shipping & Handling fee; not just shipping. The same # of people are employed to touch that order and ship that item, no matter which method it goes. For some, we are sending USPS in hopes that they might get a Saturday delivery.

We are all good on bits and adapters again and have been trying very hard to accommodate customers that are trying to finish last minute customer and family Christmas projects.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

any idea on how long of a wait it will be on back order bits?
    John

so just to be clear- you need a 1/8 cutting bit with a QC adapter?

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    so just to be clear- you need a 1/8 cutting bit with a QC adapter?

Lawrence
    Correct.

I've been working with Connie on a solution, but I can't do any of my cut outs until I get a new 1/8 bit of some sort. I think she'll be able to get me up and running carvetight soon enough!

A work around to get your Xmas Projects done.... Make the Cut path in Designer then Outline it.... Delete the Cut Path and select the outline then the 1/16th carving bit and then the depth tools since this is a VECTOR Cut and pick a depth of the cut. The Goal here is to outline the vector so something like .1 deep would do..... THEN you use a saw to cut it out.... You get your XMAS GIFTS done and spend some time doing "Sawdust Therapy" to lower your Holiday stress level..... Even a CHEAP Coping Saw would do the trick.... OR if you have a Power Saw suitable for the job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gjt5oUIvyc

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast