Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Copy offset

1. Default Copy offset

Can't find the copy offset command. I thought it was supposed to be in the layout menu.

Is it absent in 1.115?
    Bruce

Bruce,

There are two symbol icons in blue (when an offset is selected) one is the shell looking icon (for Favorites and Library PTN files) and the other is like a flower, which IS the Copy Offset option. Do you have that?

Bob

It's also under the 'layout' in the tool bar
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

4. Default

Not there. Must currently be in beta only...
    I was using a button pinch surface on a small circle for a chinese checkerboard. The perfect task for copy offset. 1 hole, 80 copies.
    I can mirror some to reduce work, but it is what the software guys call a less elegant solution.

Bruce

Go to View > Toolbars > Customize... Its in the right-hand column. Add it to one of your toolbars.

speaking of copy offset, I never can get arcs to work right. I drew a square with arcs for the corners to make a vector path. then when I do copy offset the copies arcs are all messed up.

a lot of my tools are not there either. the tangent tool, copy offset, parallel, and many others. i just figured these items haven't been added yet, just the icons. perhaps the beta testers got a bonus editor.

8. Default

Sometimes it's the obvious that is overlooked. Remember you have to have something selected to make the "copy offset" tool available.

even when I found it and added it to a menu on my toolbar it did not show up so I could use it. oh well.
    I know there is no point in reinventing the wheel, but reinventing myself is a worthy goal to be sure.

Tim

Default copy offset

I posted earlier this month after speaking with C/W I was told the copy Offset wiil show up in the software but it does not WORK... It is not ready it needs a lot of polishing.. C/W said it would be in the next release... I don't know if they meant this softwware or the premium version which I was told would be released at the end of the year for around 4 to 5 hundred dollars.... C/W said the premium software would do many things not currently available............ Can't wait........Dennis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast