Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a 1/16 Carving Bit

No. If we don't have them for CarveWright customers, they are not available through Lowe's either.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

2. Default

Are you saying that the bit is burnt because of it's color? maybe it only needs a good cleaning. if there is burnt tar on it, it may feel dull. Clean it with oven cleaner or sap remover.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

No it is dull, the glue in the plywood must have killed it. If I scratch my fingernail with the top of the bit it cuts, the bottom 1/4 inch is dull!

cw-parts.com has bits and you can use the rock chuck adapter. I have one machine with the rock chuck and one with the carvetight. works in both.

We got bits & adapters...in stock.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pnast View Post
    No it is dull, the glue in the plywood must have killed it. If I scratch my fingernail with the top of the bit it cuts, the bottom 1/4 inch is dull!
    If I were you I would clean them with oven cleaner, just to make sure. Glue easily builds up on the bits and becomes a hard coating, preventing the metal edge from cutting effectively. I have seen this many times before.
    May you be well, may you find happiness! : - )
    "Exaggerated self-importance is deemed an individual fault, but a racial virtue." From Kelly Millar

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    If I were you I would clean them with oven cleaner, just to make sure. Glue easily builds up on the bits and becomes a hard coating, preventing the metal edge from cutting effectively. I have seen this many times before.
    Agreed Pratyeka! Most people don't realize how long a "Carbide" bit can last! A little cleaning goes a long way!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

You can also try sharpening if needed... I put my bits in a drill and run it in reverse on an oil diamond stone ... Even bits that are discolored from being burnt cut like new ... The hole bit don't have to look good, you just need to get the leading edges of the bit....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

I'll bite. Backwards on a diamond stone? I have probably 10-12 bits that are in my "dull" collection. Maybe a you tube demonstration? Step by step? This would be an awesome technique to learn. I already use the oven cleaner trick but I would love to be able to resharpen.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Quote Originally Posted by unitedcases View Post
    I'll bite. Backwards on a diamond stone? I have probably 10-12 bits that are in my "dull" collection. Maybe a you tube demonstration? Step by step? This would be an awesome technique to learn. I already use the oven cleaner trick but I would love to be able to resharpen.
    +1 for a video! LOL
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast