Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to buy a 1/16 Carving Bit

Default Where to buy a 1/16 Carving Bit

Does anyone know Where to buy a 1/16 Carving Bit with carvetight adapter? I burnt up my new bit on a piece of plywood, and still have a few orders to get out for Christmas. I have been waiting a few days for Carvewright to get them back in stock, they came in today but they don't have adapters. The adapters will not be in until some time next week. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul

Only from another carver - you can get the bits, but not in the adapter

Where are you located? If you are in desperate need perhaps you can borrow on from someone here located near you? You could also check a lowes near you to see if perhaps they have one that someone ordered and didn't pick up. That would be a pretty slim chance though. I just ordered one through Lowes and picked it up last night. You could borrow my brand new one if you are somewhere near Maryland.

dave

Thanks for the offer I'm in The Smoky Mountains Tennessee. It looks like Lowes only sells the bit with the Quick Change Adapter. I have carved birch plywood before with the bit that came with my machine, this is one of the new type bits and TOTALLY burnt up after carving 2 - 20 x 11 signs. I guess I have many, many fun filled hours of sanding ahead of me!

Thanks again,
    Paul

I know the picture on the Lowes website only shows the quick chuck version, but actually you can get the carvetight version. That is the one I just got. What I did is place the order then immediately sent an email to LHR and told them when they receive the order for me from Lowes to make sure they send a carvetight version. It would be nice if Lowes had a way to specify directly which one, but they don't as far as I can see.

If you search the forum for Lowes, you can see that is a good choice for getting a new carving bit as they are $28 and no shipping vs $39 plus $12 shipping directly. Mine didn't take any longer using that method than it does when I have ordered directly.

Quote Originally Posted by pnast View Post
    Thanks for the offer I'm in The Smoky Mountains Tennessee. It looks like Lowes only sells the bit with the Quick Change Adapter. I have carved birch plywood before with the bit that came with my machine, this is one of the new type bits and TOTALLY burnt up after carving 2 - 20 x 11 signs. I guess I have many, many fun filled hours of sanding ahead of me!

Thanks again,
    Paul

Paul

Call me.

Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

There are carvers in your area, perhaps one of them will see your post. Maybe try asking in the US-Tenessee "carver near you" part of the forum.

I have a only a handful I can get out, but want to send one to those that need them to complete Christmas projects.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks so much Connie! You are a life saver!

Paul

Why are they in short supply at LHR? Back when I worked for the phone company, if leased lines had problems, we had to drop our own stuff and fix theirs first. I have Southern California Telephone (and wireless Internet) service, using Verizon's lines. I get better service than Verizon customers. If someone orders thru Lowe's, do they get first crack at short supply stuff?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast