Thread: Need help again

1. Default Need help again

I am trying to open one of my projects and the following message came up: For proper operation there shuld be no more than on dimensinal vertex at any location The followin locations contain duplicate vertices (6,42,439) 7 times? Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. I am attaching my project. Thank you for any suggestions or helpour name & hse num 2.mpc

Couple of questions - Are you wanting the lettering that deep. You have it at .75 - raising the depth would carve better.
    Do you want all the stars to look the same, and do you want the edge routed and if so what bit do you want to use.

you have added extra carve regions to the pattern , to see select all the delete them from the spots . one very small just a dot.
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

4. Default

No I am not sure on how the depth .75, what would be good depth to carve at? I am really just learning. Yes I was trying to ahieve all the stars being the same but I am not sure of proper way to do this? Should I delete all but one then mirror? As I said any suggestions, hints or advise would be greatly appreciated

Give these a try and see if they are what you want

6. Default

Chief2007,

Thank you, I have got it now. I really appreciate your time, I really am trying to learn to do this right. Have a Great Day.......Happy Holidays

Loriblackdog

7. Default

Hi Chief2007,

One question, what did you change because now it asks me about cutting edge????? there are proabably 10 things to choose from? Do I have to choose and if so what should I choose, I am not sure what bits I have? I have what came with machine only. Please help me. Thanks

That is probably the edge rout. If you do not want it - Just click on the edge rout icon and select no bit. Other than that it should be just the 1/16 carving bit

Also I would say to carve it at Best or Optimal
    Last edited by chief2007; 12-11-2012 at 10:03 AM.

I made a few changes! Merry Christmas
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    Steve