Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a great group of people!

1. Default

Damn LG.... Just... damn.... that has got to make you feel good, to see something you made, played like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    And every Customer Service call can go one of many ways... I can just imagine the large volume of calls that the Staff at LHR field every day.... So many people to TRAIN to deal with the FLOW.....

Case in point.... I was FIRED this week by a Fire Department for not making progress in sending them pictures and ideas for Accountability Boards "YET"... That request and about a dozen other sample and art requests are still on my list... And so are the dozen actual orders that the Fire Departments are asking about too... "WHERE are my TAGS?"

And for me.... Where are the "CHECKS" I have been waiting for from Delivered orders..... SO we are all "Customers" or "Clients" in some way... and this one man Shop is buried deep in work and Customer Service is Suffering.... I keep everyone up to date... But the Guys that Fired me are from a OIL COMPANY and this could have been BIG... I will still send them artwork or pictures with ideas and tell them that any company they find to make the stuff is welcome to copy any of my ideas. Being a Oil Company and this the Fire Department responsible for the Safety of the Facility, a weekly meeting with management and the "No Progress" report got old.... Like Trump... "AL, YOUR FIRED"... LOL...

I am actively looking for another business to make what I am doing.... To pass the over flow of new orders to them... As some know, All the Fire Tags I made last year starting in February will need to be replaced as the new thicker epoxy I used caused the tags to WARP...

So I may get a "A+" for help on the Forum fixing CW's.... I got a "F" this week from a Fire Department.... LOL.... 9:30 PM... Quitting time...

AL
    Al would the logistics be feasible for me to help you out? I would certainly be willing to try! But we are so far away...
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Thanks Terry, hearing the video take some of the pain away from the day in day out tasks!

She is actually sitting at your bench, playing that incredibly beautiful music, on that incredibly beautiful Violin... THAT YOU CREATED!! How inspirational is that?! You have achieved greatness.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Well, support has been pretty good and has improved, but like most everything it has not been perfect. Years ago when I got my Vista machine I tried loading Designer and kept getting "gui stopped working" or whatever errors. Tech support insisted that I was not installing it correctly as administrator. In fact I had followed installation instructions to the letter. I offered to let the tech take remote control and install for himself, to prove it, but he said no he couldn't do that. He said if I followed instructions it would work. That was very frustrating, as I knew there was a bug, CarveWright would not listen, so the problem would not get fixed. And I had to let my brand new, speedy computer sit idle and continue to plug along on my old, slow system. Months later I happened to read the latest Designer release notes, which included a fix for a Windows 7 installation problem that sounded like mine. I downloaded that version, and sure enough, it installed on my Vista system. At last I was able to use my new computer. So yes, there was a time period where I was frustrated, I had a problem, the manufacturer wouldn't acknowledge it let alone correct it, and in hindsight it was clearly a "manufacturing" defect.

Al,
    Wish you were closer, as you have helped me and many others here. I would like to return the favor. Hopefully someone closer feels the same way and has some extra time that they could share with you.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    And every Customer Service call can go one of many ways... I can just imagine the large volume of calls that the Staff at LHR field every day.... So many people to TRAIN to deal with the FLOW.....

Case in point.... I was FIRED this week by a Fire Department for not making progress in sending them pictures and ideas for Accountability Boards "YET"... That request and about a dozen other sample and art requests are still on my list... And so are the dozen actual orders that the Fire Departments are asking about too... "WHERE are my TAGS?"

And for me.... Where are the "CHECKS" I have been waiting for from Delivered orders..... SO we are all "Customers" or "Clients" in some way... and this one man Shop is buried deep in work and Customer Service is Suffering.... I keep everyone up to date... But the Guys that Fired me are from a OIL COMPANY and this could have been BIG... I will still send them artwork or pictures with ideas and tell them that any company they find to make the stuff is welcome to copy any of my ideas. Being a Oil Company and this the Fire Department responsible for the Safety of the Facility, a weekly meeting with management and the "No Progress" report got old.... Like Trump... "AL, YOUR FIRED"... LOL...

I am actively looking for another business to make what I am doing.... To pass the over flow of new orders to them... As some know, All the Fire Tags I made last year starting in February will need to be replaced as the new thicker epoxy I used caused the tags to WARP...

So I may get a "A+" for help on the Forum fixing CW's.... I got a "F" this week from a Fire Department.... LOL.... 9:30 PM... Quitting time...

AL

Yep, I second that....

Al,, I'm in NJ if you need some help ... I got lots of help from this site and the folks on it.. Only called LHR twice,,, Once was good and resolved problem... Second time not so good... So since then I come here... Al, like I said I'm just across the border in NJ, so let me know if I can help you out...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123