Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone carved 10 or more projects problem free?

Default Has anyone carved 10 or more projects problem free?

I am on my second unit after complete failure with the first one. My problem is with the programmer this time. My first unit went copletley haywire with numerous problems. I have finished 5 projects with it and on the 6th one the programmer failed to load. I am just wondering if this machine can do more than a days worth of carving without breaking down. When it works its amazing but when it breaks down....
    please let me know if it is worth it or not. I like the machine but I hate the down time.
    Teach the little ones right, they are our future.

I've done my first 8 without incident (machine-wise anyway). Tomorrow I have an 8 1/2 hour project to run that will really test the machine.

The Bard Guest

well, we have close to 4000 machines out now. I think the ratio is pretty good in reality.

i completed 1/3 of one..

Default Down time .... maybe an hr but hubbys fault..

He took the cover off and we got error close cover.He loosened the connector block or whatever that thingy is called. (White wire)Couple other errors but was caused from dust and cleaned and went right back to work. Have a total of 10 projects done. Havent looked at hrs used but 2 were 3 hrs long and others were couple hrs a piece. I luvvvvvvve my machine.

PS Oh got it setup on 1/23/2007 and has ran everday
    Happi Carving
    Barb

I have started and sucessfully finished all 20 projects I have attempted with a little over 22.5 hours of carving time.

Most of them have been "tests" using yellow pine and have been complicated designs...so far I am very pleased with the results.

I have had some software issues and some errors loading a couple of projects to the flash card but that is about it so far.

Default 8 projects done in two weeks

I have done 8 projects testing my designs on the designerand have had no problems so far with the machine. And I have had my machine for only two weeks today. Got 19 hours and 15 mins on the odometer. The only issues I have now is with the software keeps crashing at different times. Trying to figure why???????

The Bard Guest

well, it's really nice to hear some positive news about the machine.

thanx guys.

Default Hang in there

Hey tim .. I know it is very frustrating but hang in there..... I guess I am getting my first education in cnc... so working on the machine and taking it apart has been kinda fun for me... believe it or not... I'm probably weird.. But one of my goals is to learn what makes this thing tick.. There fore if I have an error I know right where to go... Knowing the locations and functions of all sensors has helped me alot.. My machine is currently waiting a new Z-Truck.. That's O.K. because I know why it quit... and that help's my wait.... As long as my new parts are timely I will enjoy replaceing it ( learning experence for me ) I would rather learn on a $1599 machine instead of a 10,000 dollar one.... I think cnc is awsome and intend to go much larger in the furture....with a better understanding.. I know its not a planer or table saw,, which if they don't work its pretty simple to know why... no elect or the motor died... but neither of these tools can sculpt wood like this machine.. So in my opintion I know I don't want to kick it to the curb.. even though sometimes you fell like it........ Keep trying to understand Dennis

Default Thank you

I just want to thank all of you that replied. Haveing heard all of your opinions good and bad makes me still belive that I made a wise choice. The hardest part is the lack of understanding this new product. I hope the peaple at cw get back to me soon so I can continue with my other projects. Like I said, I love this machine and I love what I can do with it when its running right. Again I thank you for your inpute.
    Teach the little ones right, they are our future.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast