Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making Pattern HELP

Default Making Pattern HELP

I need someone to make a fairy simple pattern for me. Can Anyone help?

The parts are 3/4" deep and I want to cut them out of a piece of wood.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ribbon Pattern.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	817.8 KB 
ID:	57455

The file is attached also.

Butch Matthews
    Destin, FL
    e-mail: dunracin@aol.com

Hope this is what you want. Perhaps someone will import it for you if you do not have the dxf importer. Once imported, assign the cutting bit to it with max pass of .125, and depth of .75. Be sure to use a backer board and hold the boards together with double back tape.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Converted...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks floyd.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Ok taking Floyds MPC file, adding the 1/16" straight bit, with inset, and max pass, at .75" deep this is what I came up with.
    Butch this will be close to the right width of each piece. I suggest you carve one, check the width, change the inset and do it again until you get the proper width of each piece, then set each cutout to that inset and carve the board.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ribbon pattern dxf board2.jpg  

Eddie

Thank you, thank you.

Shouldn't there be tabs at the bottom of the piece to prevent them from coming loose?

These are not done using the cut path. As I mentioned in the first post use double sided carpet tape to hold it in place and use a carrier board. Thus your cut out pieces will be stuck to the carrier board with the tape and hold in place while carving. Or you can remove the bit I placed on it and use the cut path tool so you will have the tabs. And another way is to make the tabs manually.

Eddie

Eddie: I appreciate all of your help. I am a real novice at the pattern making. I would like to have the tabs and of course will still use a carrier board. I just don't know how to go about it.

Here is how the parts are being used.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	instruction page.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	57605

Thanks again

here it is using cut path. You will not see the tabs but they will be there when it carves. It uses the 1/8" bit with each pass at .125 cut depth. You will not need a carrier board to cut this one.
    You will need to bevel the center part, and cut the angles on the runner ribbon by hand.
    Last edited by eelamb; 12-11-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Eddie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast