Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying a used machine ver c off craigs list

Question buying a used machine ver c off craigs list

Hi, i am baying a used machine off craig's list i used to have one a few years ago and had a lot of problems with it so sent it back, but when it did work i loved it. but the question i have is how do i get the new software for the machine? i seen the trial software, but it is only good for 30 days.

anyone have any idea of what i can do?

thanks for your help

Call LHR and register it
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry1 is correct, contact LHR aka Carvewright. Have the serial number from the machine, also get proof of purchase.

Machine may need a Unlock Code too... They will know.

Welcome Back,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

The 30 day trial is the same as the regular version. Like others have posted, once you get your machine give CarveWright a call to get it all set up and transferred to your name. Then from the help tab in designer you can register the software.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Remember to save your project files outside of the CarveWright Directory.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I believe only the "C" model has a lock code

Leo
    Life is to short carve something today
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

ok got the machine ver c carvwright and he also gave me a older sears compucarve that has a few little issues but still works.. i also got a scanning prob with it but now software for the scanning prob , my question now is is there any software i can use to get the scanning prob running or do i have to buy the pattern editor through carvwright? and i got a bill of sale with his name,address,phone # , and serial #'s of bot machines on it.. will that be good enough for carvewright to register them in my name?

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie_6 View Post
    ok got the machine ver c carvwright and he also gave me a older sears compucarve that has a few little issues but still works.. i also got a scanning prob with it but now software for the scanning prob , my question now is is there any software i can use to get the scanning prob running or do i have to buy the pattern editor through carvwright? and i got a bill of sale with his name,address,phone # , and serial #'s of bot machines on it.. will that be good enough for carvewright to register them in my name?
    Great deal is sounds like, 2 for the price of one???!!

It sounds like he had registered the probe and pattern editor software for his machine. The actual software for the probe is already built into designer. You will need the probe license codes to un lock it. Did he give you and CDs with the machines? If so one of them should have the serial number codes on the reverse side of the CD. Give a try just to see. If it was already registered it will let you know. There is no other software you can use for the probe so if already registered you will have to purchase the pattern editor software.

The info you got from him should work to getting it registered to you. They might have to call the previous owner to verify or if you can have him send them a note stating that he sold it to you.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

i got one disk for one of the machines, he said he never used the scanning probe but that is all i got i will have to check it out more. but thanks for all the help and info. hopefully i will be sharing some projects in the near future and i will let everyone know how i make out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast