Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: plinth block

Default plinth block

Has any one ever made a plinth block on the machine? I need 4 at a size that I can't seem to find, for a corner cabinet that I need to make for someone. Something like this but probally 2 3/4 inch suqare.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB270381-ceiling-center-L.jpg  

2. Default

Yep, when we installed new flooring in the house Kathy insisted on custom rosettes similar to the one you show and plinth blocks on all of the molding through out the house. After making my designs I cut my pieces to size and built a carrier board that held the blank, sized block, perfectly centered and carved them all on the carvewright. It worked very well.
    Last edited by TerryT; 12-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Gumbo, if you want this pattern send me a PM with your email address.
    I made this one a few minutes ago. Should have been a quick y, but Hmmmmm, kept not connecting my lines LOL
    Made with Moi3d, took about 10 minutes.
    The two shown are the same pattern. Original pattern is 7.7x7.7x.5. After placing the pattern on the board I reduced the pattern to 2.75", that is the smaller one. As you see it can be resized to fit your needs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rosette-1.jpg   rosette-1a.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Here is what it will look like in wood or clear plastic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rosette clear.jpg   rosette wood.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

You are the man Eddie!! Good job. I gave it a shot with the new 2d/3d tools doing only the inner circles, no edge detail, and took about 5 minutes or so..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Eddie
    Did you actually make one in plastic and wood. They sure look real

Leo
    Life is to short carve something today
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Leo no, it was rendering the 3d OBJ file.
    Leo you can not believe what you see anymore, not with the software available out there. Commercials are done using 3d and rendering animation, same goes for the movies.

Floyd show us what you came up with. Would love to see it.

Thanks Floyd and Leo.
    Last edited by eelamb; 12-04-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Eddie

This rosette has been added to the CNC Model Club web site, along with a few older patterns I had made 2 years ago for Christmas, some were shared here at that time.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Floyd show us what you came up with. Would love to see it.
    Sure thing Eddie! I did not save it but not hard to do again. This time I did to the block edge..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails plinth block 1.PNG   plinth block 2.PNG   plinth block 3.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

looks good Floyd. After you posted you were making it I got to thinking of the 3d suite and how it would do the same thing. Only draw back I saw was the square outline. But then again I have not used the software that much and I do not own it.

Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast