Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie in Coeur a'Alene, ID

Default Newbie in Coeur a'Alene, ID

I just got my Carvewright and am getting used to designing and peoducing new projects. I bought it from a friend who had it four years and never turned it on so it is like new.

There are a couple of things I do need help with.

How do you find newly designed projects that can be downloaded and made? How about that aftermarket piece that allows for different bits to be changed out easily?

When I downloaded the newest software to my desktop and then downloaded another to my laptop there were some designs missing. Anyone know why?

And the most serious question: is it common for the belt to rip? The edge of it has rippped and now becomes jammed. It also looks like the edge is folded under and is starting to slide sideways. Is there a written procedure for taking the belt ou so perhaps I can trip the edge?

Sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me.

Here is a link to past designs http://www.lambswoodworking.com/cw
    As for the belts, yes they move and it is common to tear off a section to prevent them from rolling under. I understand the upgraded rubber belts do not do this.
    On the carvewright site are many manuals, tips and trick, maintenance documentations. Plus AksBud has many tutorials on his site. Just look for a post by him and click the links provided.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to move the roller around in order to cut those edges off or do I have to remove the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeeptrix View Post
    Thanks for the info. Is there a way to move the roller around in order to cut those edges off or do I have to remove the whole thing.
    You can cut the rolled over edge off with out taking the belt tray out of the machine. Cut the belt with a sharp knife at the point you want and then push on the belt, might need both hands, and you can rotate the belt to continue the cut.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    You can cut the rolled over edge off with out taking the belt tray out of the machine. Cut the belt with a sharp knife at the point you want and then push on the belt, might need both hands, and you can rotate the belt to continue the cut.
    I will try again. It barely moved probably because it is rolled under.
    Any way to prevent this from happening again?
    Is it worth it to get the other type of roller?

I just got my Carvewright and am getting used to designing and peoducing new projects. I bought it from a friend who had it four years and never turned it on so it is like new.

How do you find newly designed projects that can be downloaded and made? How about that aftermarket piece that allows for different bits to be changed out easily?

When I downloaded the newest software to my desktop and then downloaded another to my laptop there were some designs missing. Anyone know why?

And the most serious question: is it common for the belt to rip? The edge of it has rippped and now becomes jammed. It also looks like the edge is folded under and is starting to slide sideways. Is there a written procedure for taking the belt ou so perhaps I can trip the edge?

Were are you from Coeur a'Alene, ID were is that situated
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

About a hour from the Canadian border, next to Spokane. WA.

8. Default

Howdy neighbor,
    Nice to see a good machine getting a chance to be used. There used to be a guy on the forum from Coeur d'Alene the used the name "Toymaker" I think it was. Any way nice to see another user so close.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Howdy neighbor,
    Nice to see a good machine getting a chance to be used. There used to be a guy on the forum from Coeur d'Alene the used the name "Toymaker" I think it was. Any way nice to see another user so close.
    Is there a thread where users from the same area can get together and learn from each other?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast