Thread: Possible software bug with Path Offset

Default Possible software bug with Path Offset

I've been doing some pocket cuts by using the PATH OFFSET tool, way cool tool!!!, and works great with squares, circles and ovals.
    BUT, now trying to do a heart shape and each time I apply the offset designer locks up. It works ok with the regular offset (out) but when doing the "flip" it crashes..

I did one trial by just copy n paste the outline and resized it down several time and then tried the offset with flit and it worked. Went back to try it again and crash ola!!! HMMMMM

Guess it don't like offsetting a heart..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd

I had trouble with it also when I designed the Heart Box. Most of the time the Designer didn't crash but, it produced some wild and wierd lines.
    Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the confirmation! I saw the same weird lines as well.. Maybe the software lord will chime in!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.