Thread: Carving the back of a candy bowl

Default Carving the back of a candy bowl

OK, I have drawn what I want for the front of my candy bowl and am trying to carve a nice round bottom. I have the patterns for the oak leaf and maple leaf and they have a very nice bottom that follows the shape of the leaf. I am trying to make a bottom on my candy dish similar to that. Can one of you experts help me out here please?
    Thanks in advance
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by oldbuck50 View Post
    OK, I have drawn what I want for the front of my candy bowl and am trying to carve a nice round bottom. I have the patterns for the oak leaf and maple leaf and they have a very nice bottom that follows the shape of the leaf. I am trying to make a bottom on my candy dish similar to that. Can one of you experts help me out here please?
    Thanks in advance
    Tim
    You need to add a grayscale dish shaped pattern to give the dish a rounded effect. and when you add the leafs you need to merge the patterns.

The MPC would not load it was over 3MB - PM me with your e-mail, can send it to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails maple-and-oak-leave dish top cw.jpg   maple-and-oak-leave dish cw.jpg   maple-and-oak-leave dish + cw.jpg   Dish+.png  

Dish cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 11-24-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.