Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny lines on my corian carvings

ck for dust in back of z motor
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

The machine has a Designed Feed Rate for Wood.... When Carving Corian we must be aware that Poor Quality can result from a dull bit and this excess pressure can lead to a Roller Bearing being forced loose or to TURN.... Remember that the Adjustable Roller Bearings have a hole drilled off set. The Face of the Nut closest to the drilled hole must be in the position AWAY from the Rail when the Bearing is in it's Fully closed Position... The Corian Pressure can cause the Bearing to ROTATE away from the fully closed or Top Dead Center and make for a Sloppy Carving... Grabbing the Bit with the Power OFF and carefully pulling in all directions can identify a loose bearing.

In the past I would mark the outside face with nail polish but it would flake off.... I now drill a slight hole in that face to make it easier to see.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08347_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-25-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I did try 2 different brand new bits, and also when the bit is in there and I grab it to see if there is any play there is absolutely no play. I did replace the cable, sheath and and the thing on top of the Z-truck the sheath snaps into probably about a month
    ago. when I was checking things it seemed that the cable came out awful easy. So I am thinking of ordering them parts again along with a new Z-truck and motor, to see if it is a vibration problem that is traveling through the cable.

Did you just re-upload the project? Or re-import the whole image? Quality of these two images is way off from one another. Can u post the mpc file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I have the mpc file saved in a folder like I always do. Then when I need it I just re-upload them, I've never ran into a issue doing this.

On a different direction...

The Screws holding the Z Belt to the back of the Z Truck sometimes are loose..... letting the belt slip...

The Screws holding the Z Motor and Gearbox have been known to come loose...

A test of your system is in order..... Draw a Circle and make it a very shallow Carve Region and carve it into a board... Look for a perfect bottom... If problems with the Z it should show up....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Well well well I think it's working fine again, I ran one of the corian project that I was having problems with and came out great.

Here's all I can tell you, like I've said before is that the cable in the top of the Z truck seemed kinda funny. The cable and sheath were new about 20 carvings ago. All I did was took that cap off the Z truck and turned it 180 degrees and put everything
    back together. Also blew with a air hose all around that truck. Ran a corian, came out good. My feeling is that it was that cable sheath and the cap that it snaps into, because I am always blowing and vacuming the machine out after each run. So I started another corain and we'll see here in an hour if I'm 2 for 2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12