Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Close Door Alert

Default Close Door Alert

I have been trying to get rid of my close door message when I try to use my machine. I am at my end I have done everything LHR has told me to do, new switches , check connections, dust and all suggestions
    from the forums.My carvewright has been down now for TWO months , I have now given up on help from LHR and at this point and I don't care about my warenty becouse it is doing me no good anyway. I would like to know if someone can tell me how to buy pass or hot wire the two door switches so I can use my carvewright "C". PLEASE ANYONE HELP!!! Jim

Frustrating as we know WHAT!

Can you get it to read closed by pressing in on the switch plunger with out the cover being closed?

With the cover closed and on the cover sensor check screen, reach in the top slot and press on the key board side switch to see if you can get it to change to closed. If so the switch might be out of alignment with the clear cover tabs. There is a small amount of adjustment in lining up the switch to the cover.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The only thing I do to start is check the witches with a meter to make sure they work.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

I have tried to press just the switches and nothing changes.

This is bad advice but if you want to bypass to check then just unscrew the switch and take the two wires and put them together. If it works then you know where your problem lies.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Could be the circuit board that the wiring harness connects into.

Did you do a continuity check on the wiring harness itself

have to agree with unitedcase worth a try
    Last edited by henry1; 11-23-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: speeling
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Back to Basics... The Bundle of Wires from the Switch, when you plug the plug IN, "IS" the White Wire in the bundle of Black Wires facing the "CENTER" of the machine? I know this because once I pushed it in 180 degrees out and all I got was Open Cover 100% of the Time.

Check that....

NEXT... I got Constant Open Cover many years ago because I had pulled down the Board Sensor Wire and it slid along the Sharp edge and shorted one of the wires to ground. This caused a few things.... A Zero reading on the Board Sensor, and a 0000 for Z Data never changing, AND..... A Constant Open Cover.... All this due to a shorted wire to ground....

A QUICK CHECK... UN PLUG the Board Sensor Cable ON TOP... Does the Close cover FIX?

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08492_WEB.jpg   DSC08496_WEB.jpg   DSC08500_WEB.jpg   DSC08507_WEB.jpg  

DSC08508_WEB.jpg   DSC08510_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I never had a lot of issues outside of some random cover errors and having to take apart the switch on the keypad side and clear out sawdust. But I've bypassed both of my cover switches anyway. I removed the cut motor switch altogether, which makes removing the top cover much easier and eliminates issues with the switch wires interfering with truck movement. The keypad side switch I soldered a short jumper on the appropriate pads on the circuit board. Have not had any issue since.

I'm a big boy, few or none of the guards on my other power tools shut the tool down when I need to move them out of the way, I'm left to be responsible for my own safety. But do what you need to do to maintain your own required level of safety.

All of the sensors (including keypad side cover switch) use reference voltage from the power supply. If one sensor shorts to ground, all sensors fail. Close cover is the first error, that will be displayed. My short to ground was the 14 pin FFC ribbon cable was not seated firmly in the Z-Motor. It was inserted on an angle, shorting two pins together.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast