Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Router bit problem

Default Router bit problem

Getting ready to carve the attached pattern, I received a message upon loading the pattern which said something to the effect -- The 3/8" classic bit will cause a problem due to the depth set. Further suggested I modify the pattern. The message board indicated theat I should Abort or Continue the project.

The board is 3/4" thick and the depth of the cut is 1/2" over three passes. I guess I can reduce the depth but that will not give the full effetg of the particular bit chosen.

Any suggestions what to do aside from changing the depth (to what) or changing the bit style.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I just opened your MPC and when to upload it. Only got the normal auto-jig warning about the cutting bit, which I hit ignore - The MPC loaded fine. No warning about the classical bit.

Want version of software are you running? I am running 1.186

I'm running the most current version of the software. I guess I confused the issue when I said about uploading the file. I meant when I have upladed the file and then when getting ready to carve, I select the file is wehn I get that message.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    I just opened your MPC and when to upload it. Only got the normal auto-jig warning about the cutting bit, which I hit ignore - The MPC loaded fine. No warning about the classical bit.

Want version of software are you running? I am running 1.186

Quote Originally Posted by jerrbitt View Post
    Getting ready to carve the attached pattern, I received a message upon loading the pattern which said something to the effect -- The 3/8" classic bit will cause a problem due to the depth set. Further suggested I modify the pattern. The message board indicated theat I should Abort or Continue the project.

The board is 3/4" thick and the depth of the cut is 1/2" over three passes. I guess I can reduce the depth but that will not give the full effetg of the particular bit chosen.

Any suggestions what to do aside from changing the depth (to what) or changing the bit style.
    You are setting that bit too deep. looks like you are tryimg to cover the feather on your Dove pattern. Remove the feather and then set the bit to the right depth, Great Clock. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dove clock.jpg   dove clock2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 12-06-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Isn't the warning because the cut is within .5" of the tracking roller edge? Could hit the tracking roller.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Isn't the warning because the cut is within .5" of the tracking roller edge? Could hit the tracking roller.
    No don't think so beause the message is specifically related to the router bit which carves the inner circle of the pattern

BJB was correct after looking at this again. There were 2 circles that were not needed.

To go the rout you wanted, I clicked on the dove, outlined it and selected the bit. Depth is set at .3 mutli-pass

You can make it a little deeper if you wish, but I would but stay at .35 at the deepest.

Jerrbitt

The 3/8 classical bit will have problems with a bit assigned to any depth below 3/8". I have run into this problem many times. Attached is a design suggestion.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-06-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Steve

Thanks, I like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Jerrbitt

The 3/8 classical bit will have problems with a bit assigned to any depth below 3/8". I have run into this problem many times. Attached is a design suggestion.

Default Thanks

Thanks very much,
    Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    BJB was correct after looking at this again. There were 2 circles that were not needed.

To go the rout you wanted, I clicked on the dove, outlined it and selected the bit. Depth is set at .3 mutli-pass

You can make it a little deeper if you wish, but I would but stay at .35 at the deepest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast