Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: cut motor

I have the DC insert removed during testing. I can not use the computer module, because that is what is wrong with my A model.
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

Well that does not help you out at all. Dang it!!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Swap the Cut Motor... I bet that is it... If you search you will find a few low hour "C" units that had Cut Motors go bad.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Since this thread is called "cut motor" I have a question. I've seen something here on the forum before about this problem but thought by now LHR would have figured out how to fix it. While doing centerline text my machine stops, not all the time just once in a while and usually only once during a project. It says check cut motor, I hit enter to continue and it finishes the project with no problems. I just updated my software about a month ago. Does anyone know what is going on here when this happens?
    I get the same thing with the centerline text function. I thougt it was "normal" because it happens on just about all of my text carvings.

I must admit, I am a little bit reluctant to swap the cut motors between the C and A models. Is that not a major job that could make lots of things go wrong? How big and long of a job is that?
    No other easy ideas to check?
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

What is the normal life of a cut motor? with regular brush changes every 250 hrs or so?

Mine made it about 1300 hrs before I changed it out. That was with regular brush changes.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Quote Originally Posted by peep View Post
    I must admit, I am a little bit reluctant to swap the cut motors between the C and A models. Is that not a major job that could make lots of things go wrong? How big and long of a job is that?
    No other easy ideas to check?
    No it really is not a major job to swap out motors. There is 3 screws that hold the motor to the frame, disconnect/remove the flex shaft from the motor (for testing purposes I would leave the flex shaft and core disconnected from the motor) and the wire connections to the motor.

One other thing you could do to test the cut motor is to make up a testing lead to go directly to the motor. An extension cord with the end receptacle cut of so you can plug the wires into the two barrel connectors is what I used. Just make sure you leave the cut motor attached to the machine and slide the flex core out of the motor.

When I was trouble shooting the machine I was working on I actually made up some test leads so that I could check/test the circuit from the X board through the cover switch up to the motor. It took finding small connectors to make the connections to the wire leads.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Not HW tech, but I thought a bad xterm could mess up the motor. So if the issue is the xterm are you risking messing up a second motor?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

fwharris,

Are you saying that the cut motor runs on straight 120ac from the wall outlet. If so I can test that very fast, just want to be sure first. I have a meter, test clips etc...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast